JW Lawyers and Heavyweights lying in court.

by freddo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

In a recent Canadian case I've seen (on line video in threads on here) the WT lawyer says that disfellowshipping isn't actual shunning but only a cutting off of spiritual association.

But what case is it and is there a transcript available on line?

Any other "good" examples from the point of view that it proves WT speak out of both sides of their mouths?

(I've seen the Australian heavyweights O'Brien and Toole at the ARC and read the transcripts where they "explain" how abuse survivors can "go inactive" instead of DA'ing and how they don't know the term "theocratic warfare". Also Jackson's double speak too.)

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

is that guy in the middle Putin ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What worries me is that the WBT$ will lie in court and get away with it. I bet none of the judges have a scooby doo about WBT$ rules on shunning.

We know the truth about it but those that were never jobos.......I doubt it.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

At that point Shouldn't the plaintiff simply provide the court with evidence otherwise?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Point them to last years video, the one where the mother refuses to answer phone when the daughter calls.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

You call it lying, I call it lying, the Org and fully indoctrinated JW's call it theocratic warfare. Nobody outside of the Organization deserves the pure truth of God's Organization, they just wouldn't get it, they are under Satan's control after all, and that's why it is okay to "lie" or use carefully chosen words to mislead them.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The organisation controlling Jehovah's Witnesses are plainly dishonest and without a conscience.

Publicly and to the courts they claim they do not teach the shunning of family members since this would show them to be uncaring thugs yet in practice there is full evidence that if you want to be considered loyal to the JW Organisation, then it is required that you shun. To demonstrate this, have a look at the post by FedUpJW (Mid-week circuit serpent's talk) on the subject of circuit overseer's comments at an assembly on how to be loyal:

The CO exhorted to show "loyalty" by having nothing to do with a df'd family member, even a child!

The leaders of JWs are heartless liars and deceivers.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This will be studied next week at the Kingdom Hall ...

• 19 Respect the discipline of Jehovah.
      God knows that his discipline will benefit everyone involved, including the one who is disfellowshipped. Even though it is very painful when someone we love is disciplined, it can help him or her to return to Jehovah in the future. (Read Hebrews 12:11.) Until then, we must respect Jehovah’s direction to “stop keeping company” with those who are disfellowshipped. (1 Corinthians 5:11-13) This is not easy. But we must avoid contact with them by telephone, text messages, letters, e-mails, or social media.

(October 2017 The Watchtower Study Edition (Simplified Version) Page 14 paragraph 19)

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    freddo: In a recent Canadian case I've seen (on line video in threads on here) the WT lawyer says that disfellowshipping isn't actual shunning but only a cutting off of spiritual association.
    But what case is it and is there a transcript available on line?

Supreme Court of Canada

Judicial Committee of the Highwood Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Vaughn Lee - Chairman and Elders James Scott Lang and Joe Gurney) and Highwood Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses v. Randy Wall

Factums on appeal:

http://www.scc-csc.ca/case-dossier/info/af-ma-eng.aspx?cas=37273

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit