Activism Works, Success :UPDATE

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Activism Success UPDATE:

Hi all, just wanted to update you on further to my post (link https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6235349429780480/activism-works-success ).

As usual we were in the park this weekend gone (the two bros fading, my good friend and I).We went for a coffee later. As we were walking to the coffee place we passed a lady and I mentioned that "she lived on my street , near my house. She is very religious it seems coz she is always going to sunday service come rain or shine".

One of the fader bro's said, "I know her. She is a christadelphian."

I said, "Who are christadelphians, I have never heard of them". (mind you this was actually a leading question taking the conversation where I wanted).

He said "Oh they are a christian sect who broke away from Jdumbs"........

After he said that I put this out htere "Wonder if the jdumbs also broke away from someone too. It would be interesting to check their roots....".

No one said a word. I left it at that and we all carried on about other things.

Boom! wednesday morning I get a text from one of the fader bro's saying "can we meet up this weekend again coz he has been digging a little into jdumb history. Want to just chat ".

So I hit the nail on the head again by putting out questions/ thoughts and at least one has done some digging which I am sure we will all share with each other. So I am glad that they are still open to discussions and research. What they decide in the end is totally up to them.

Just thought to share.

Zing

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Effective activism comes in many forms.

Well done.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry Zing to put out the fire on your post ,but stating that the Christadelphians were an off-shoot from the JW religion is just not correct .

And to get that wrong just makes the whole post not credible.sorry.

John Thomas 1805-1871 founded the christadelphians and his first lecturing tour was in may 1848-October 1850 well before C.T.Russell founded the I.B.S.A. some years later.

• alanv
    alanv

That is exactly the way to get JWs to think. Once we openly have a go at their religion, they are trained to simply walk away. So you just ask a non confrontational question. It could even be done with the sex abuse problems that JW has. We can just say we were reading about what has been happening in the Catholic church with child sex abuse, and pose the question I wander if it is occurring in other religions as well. Also say how easy it is to check now days, by going on google. That may just be enough to get someone to check themselves if their religion has the same problem.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Your JW friend is ignorant. Christadelphians were around LONG before CT Russell started his Bible Students. In fact, CT borrowed a lot of his terminology from the Christadelphians. He also borrowed from the Adventists, Quakers, and Masons. The man didn't have an original thought; he just merely picked and choose what he liked and threw it all together to form his own money-making religion.

Even his Pyramidology (tied into 1914) was borrowed from someone else. Wikipedia is your friend.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I reckon Zing is doing a great job, leading these horses to water ( of truth) and getting them to drink. I also feel Zing knew about the history of the Christadelphians ( an interesting one), but used the opportunity to ask a leading question, not to leap in and show his/her ? knowledge.

This must be one of the few ways to get through to active J.W's !

Well and wisely done Zing !

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Phizzy: You are spot on in what I did/do. Not to jump in to show-off my knowledge.This will be like putting them down and what will I gain from it! Infact I might lose a friend, plus I am trying to help them see ttatt.

I think this is where people go wrong and I am no expert.They fight for the ttatt so hard that they drown those in with too much info, thereby confusing them,scaring their socks off, suffocating them and leading them to shut us out. So I am just patient, never argue a point, remain calm and if the person starts to lose his cool (for any reason), leave the conversation there.

In my experience this is working with many I have woken /waking.

Thank you for your kind words.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I believe that when someone does his own research personally it holds more water, thereby easier to digest n perhaps decide to fade/ disassociate..

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

WingComander: the jw was merely talking with the little knowledge that may well have been passed onto him by another (senior to him) jw. As always they trust their people to know-it-all correct so he parroted it out to me. I do not take offence nor defend a persons lack of info about a matter, unless it is absolutely important,life-threatening.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Alanv: most walk away but some do want to research or get an answer in my experience. it niggles at some ,but the rest is up to them to find out the truth of the matter.

Just as you pointed out I do just that. Put things out there and let it hang. sometimes one will pursue it and you get to help them some more.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit