Points From the December Study Watchtower

by The Fall Guy 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Page 3, par. 2 - "...a 19th century visitor cried out, “Oh, what a paradise!”

(Companion & Useful Guide to the Beauties of Scotland, by The Hon. Sarah Murray of Kensington. Published 1799)

Since the writer's book was published in 1799, I would make that the 18th century.

Page 4, par. 7, 8 - "God said that he would multiply Abraham’s offspring [seed] “like the grains of sand on the seashore.” And Jehovah made this meaningful promise: “By means of your offspring [seed] all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.” (Gen. 22:17,18)

8 There is no indication in the Bible that Abraham thought that humans would get a final reward in a heavenly paradise."

But what about the alleged 144,000???????

(Galatians 3:29) "Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, [Christians] YOU are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise."

Page 8 QFR - "logically, suggests, can refer to, It seems, It is possible, likely refers to."

The org's writing committee is probably, or possibly correct. Or maybe just potentially right in what they say. Whatever, it must be the truth!

Page 10, par. 1 - "[God] wants you to show honor on a human level, such as to government officials."

You mean like when a judge orders you to produce documents, or you'll have to pay a $4000 per day fine?

Page 13, par. 15 - "The two could seek Bible-based help from congregation elders. While the elders avoid taking sides, they could offer Scriptural advice."

Could????? There's no "could" about it. The elders will demand to be involved if they get to hear of any JW's who are having marital difficulties.

Page 19, par.1 - "Teachers, guidance counselors, or others may have encouraged you to pursue higher education and a lucrative career. Jehovah, however, advises you to take a different course."

Yup, I remember God saying something in the 10 commandments about the Israelites having to avoid higher education.

Page 19, par. 2 - "[God] knows what lies ahead for the present world and he knows how soon its end will come."

Yup, but does the "slave" know? No? Didn't think so!

Page 21, par. 8 - "Soon, every part of Satan's world will come crashing down."

There's that word again - "soon."

Page 21, par. 10 - "you quickly recognize each other’s “language” - the “pure language” of truth."

You quickly recognize each other's unquestioning conformity to WTBTS dogma!

Box on Page 27 - "Some practical goals."

A list of "practical goals" to serve the org's needs - not advice on how to provide for your day-day needs.

• sir82
    sir82

"Soon, every part of Satan's world will come crashing down."

LOL.

WT's definition of "Soon" - "some time in the next 140 years" (they've been saying "soon" since 1879)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Love these comments on the WT. Keep them coming.

Par 21 is awesome.

Definition: Soon

Meaning: "Soon - can have overlap soons. I.E. My great grandfather felt the END was soon, which overlapped with my grandfathers soon, which overlapped with my dads soon, and now overlaps with my soon."

See clear as day.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Cult.

Long term brainwash.

Avoid.

G.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Page 19, par.1 - "Teachers, guidance counselors, or others may have encouraged you to pursue higher education and a lucrative career. Jehovah, however, advises you to take a different course."

This paragraph REALLY irks me!!! This is the stuff that makes me soooo happy we are OUT and our children are OUT. When you realize that Jehovah IS the organization, you read this sh*t differently. It should read "The organization, however, advised you to take a different course."

LURKERS; GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS CULT!!!

• Ding
    Ding

The WT says:

"8 There is no indication in the Bible that Abraham thought that humans would get a final reward in a heavenly paradise."

No indication?

What about Hebrews 11?

"8 By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place he was to receive as an inheritance; he went out, although not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as a foreigner in the land of the promise as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the very same promise. 10 For he was awaiting the city having real foundations, whose designer and builder is God... 14 For those who speak in such a way make it evident that they are earnestly seeking a place of their own. 15 And yet, if they had kept remembering the place from which they had departed, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they are reaching out for a better place, that is, one belonging to heaven. Therefore, God is not ashamed of them, to be called on as their God, for he has prepared a city for them." (2013 NWT)

What about Jesus' statement in Matthew 8:11?

"But I tell you that many from east and west will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of the heavens..." (2013 NWT)

I'd say those constitute at least some indication...

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Ding - At least in Abrahams day he didn't. Probably an early incarnation of a GB wrote those musings about what Abraham more than likely believed in.

It's easy to figure out if you think like a GB.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Of course they trotted out the (in my words) "even in the case of extreme cruelty, and the possibility of damage to health or life you should remain with the abusive spouse" bulls--t. Who knows, the abused spouse just MIGHT convince the abuser to become a JDubya by letting him thump her around and walk on her like a doormat, and then he can hide it even better as a "christian" husband. And everyone KNOWS that if he ruins her health she will be magically healed in "paradise" and if he kills her she can be held up as a shining example of JDubya wifely submission, and be assured of being resurrected. That garbage really pisses FedUp off. Excuse me while I puke!

• Sara
    Sara

Didn't Paul say something about soon ... Romans 16:20 the God who gives peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.

Can't be long then anymore can it?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOES UP:

Sounds like the religion is STILL going at it (the end of 2018) with the anti-college talk...I just can’t believe it.

To young JW Lurkers:..look around at some older people in the Hall who are still working (crappy physical labor) when non-Witness people their same age are retired. If you listen to foolish talk and don’t get higher education/career training, this could be YOU someday.

I ignored the Witnesses and am happily retired. It’s scary to think how screwed I could have been if I fell for their B.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit