The Apology Tour

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Everyone seems to be hitting the apology circuit. If you ever said anything inappropriate or what might be considered offensive, then you must apologize. If you possibly could have hurt someone’s feelings, you need to say sorry. And not just say sorry! You must repudiate any thing related to the offense. You must distance yourself from the offense and possibly even the offenders or people who simply try not to be involved.

If I did something HORRIBLE, I would clearly apologize and move on but I’m not going to dwell on every thing that disturbs a “woke” person.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Cancel Culture hard at work.

• minimus
    minimus

Cancel Culture is right! The Judge Kavanaugh accuser is getting an award for her “courage”. Courage for what???

• minimus
    minimus

A few years ago on this site a group of people were really upset with the elders especially the ex elders that were on the board. They wanted the ex elders to profusely apologize for all the damage that they had caused because of their positions. It seemed whatever apology they got it was never enough.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is why I'm moving away from the self righteous lefty leaning do gooder politics. They are a danger to everyone.

These cowards dare not enter in to reasonable debate. They have no arguments, so just try to shut everyone down or find a reason to complain about you. The snowflakes can't even agree amongst themselves. Pitiful fools.

2019 and a bunch of lily livered weeds have become the tail wagging the dog. Over privileged, middle class yobbos with nothing better to do than complain. They need to join the army and be sent to war to see how that turns out for them.

My advice; don't apologise. Tell them to f@@@ off to their cowardly faces.

• minimus
    minimus

Punk, u kill me!👍

• Simon
    Simon

The worst thing people can do is apologize. As soon as they do, they have given power to the 'offended'.

If you notice there's very little outcry over South Park despite being repeat, gratuitous offenders. Why? Because they don't give a shit and don't do the ridiculous "oh noes, we so so sorry" routine. No, they laugh and do more.

That is how to handle the PC crowd - double down and go over the top and they shut up and slink off because they know they have no control over you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As far removed from Canadian politics as I am, I was annoyed that Trudeau apologised for blacking up for a party or something innocuous.

He should have told the snowflakes to go eat their own pooh then go play with the traffic. I would have.

It's all about intention.

However, I was happy that Candice Owens told a snowflake, 'don't you dare be offended on my behalf.' (or words to that effect).

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I love south park, dispite the fact that they have shocked me more than a few times. Because I'b be shocked 100+ times more if they lost their right to shock me!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

There’s a lot of hypocrisy with some ex/current elders that post on the forum, in my opinion.

I’m basically OUT because there are things wrong with the JW religion.. In some of these elders cases, they are out because their nose is out of joint and their ego was offended. They would probably STILL be there carrying on (and certainly not on this message board) if that had not happened.

I would think at the very least, elders stuck in the religion because of relatives would step down from their ‘position’ .🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit