Elders encouraging young ones to live in a fairy tale

by Addison0998 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ Addison0998

may i ask why youre still attending meetings ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Djeggnog is a dick..

DD

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Nothing more infuriating than a financially successful elder that works full time giving advice about how unimportant becoming financially successful is.

One gag-worthy example where I live is an elder that became a dot-com multi millionaire arriving at our cong in his Mercedes giving this advice.

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

@djjegnog I don’t want to be too rude to you because I know you have good intentions and your trying to save us “apostates”. I have read your past post and I can see your really trying to defend Jehovah’s witnesses. Many of us were once in your shoes, trying to defend “gods earthly organization”. But we are all here for a reason, I suggest you either try to open your mind to other people’s perspective, or get off this website. Because aren’t you disobeying the 8 men in New York (governing body) you believe god is using to “guide gods only people”?

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

@stan livedeath my fiancé and I are planning on fading very soon . We are moving to a new congregation where nobody knows our friends or families. We are trying not to lose our families for a few years. But for now I still live with my parents and I’m saving a lot of money by living with them, so going to the meetings is the price I have to pay

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Addison--please dont think i was prying..i do understand your position. i had to endure a few years of numb bum meeting attendance to try to preserve my marriage. all to no avail.

good luck.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    but spiritually mature Christians would be expected to make decisions consistent with their circumstances, which might include college if they can afford to do what some in their congregation cannot do. - djeggnog

You know this isn't true, WT apologist. If you are a 'mature' Christian, e.g. an elder, you will likely lose your position if you encourage your kids to go to university.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit