A Man about a Dawg!!!

by Defianttruth 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I know over the years they have bashed owning pets for various reasons - have they really? That's a new one on me.

F**k me, forget what JWs can't do, it would be easier for the WT to print and distribute a handbook of what JWs can do ...

• just fine
    just fine

That suggestion actually had a lot to do with my father stepping down as am elder. Someone told him he shouldn't have had an operation on his dog that he should have donated the money to the org instead. That resulted in a "mind you own business" comment. A couple other comments about him missing a meeting to see his grandchild in a school thing and he was done.

i love dogs. I have had both pets and working dogs, and loved every minute of both. Can't imagine going through life without an animal companion.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A couple of the members from the GB have pets, so their 'do away with your pet' hints is garbage.

Pets are awesome! We have so much fun with them! Hubby and I love and enjoy our pets very much. Some of our friends and even immediate family have made the stupid comments that we spend too much money for care, food and toys.

Some have gotten the clear point when we've told them that "we can do it, so don't worry about us falling in debt over it", so the little negative comments have stopped recently.

Dogs rock!!!!

DY

• Perry
    Perry

Your story reminded me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4h1ikePaA

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have had animals close to me all my life. My chihuahua is on my lap as I type. I was told when I was "recruited" people who feel they need animals in their life are compensating for lack of human love and companionship and we won't have such need for them in the paradise.

But we will be able to pet lions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit