Should I talk to elders?

by Chook 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

The whole world is rigged, whether its religious tribunals or local police enforcement, those who are paid by God or government are the enforcers . Should you talk to elders... Well imagine that Brooklyn had ordered these men to DF anyone who says anything against the slave. Do you stand a chance , religious zealots are the most ruthless throughout history, look into it , it's scary to think we believed a magazine that we thought came from God . The more my mind think the greater the nightmares

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yes - definitely talk to your elders!! And here is exactly what you should say to them:

"Thank you for your concerns brothers, but I have private & personal issues which I can't discuss with anyone at the moment, but I certainly appreciate your motives and concern. If things change, I will call you. Thank you for your offer".

If they say, "We only want to come and give you encouragement." Simply repeat the response above - especially the phrase "private & personal."!

If they come back at you with, "But how can we help you if you won't talk to us?" just reply, "Everyone has private & personal situations which they can't discuss with others, and I'm sure that includes the elders - I'm no different!"

If they try to threaten you with "Are you refusing to talk with us?", respond, "No, I just don't want to discuss things right now. I'll call you if things change."

If they try to push you, just say 'thanks' and walk away immediately!

Do not prolong the interrogation. They can't punish you for ending a conversation!

• Landy
    Landy

It's easier to agree with everything they say and just blame work for not being able to go the meetings or meet with them - they'll soon get sick and be less suspicious.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

LANDY - How can you say that it's easier to agree with everything they say? :) :) :)

Maybe some could, but I certainly couldn't.

However, as a word of warning, I've been informed of a recent case where a family politely declined their elders' offer to talk about a personal situation. Taking this rebuttal as a personal insult to the elders' "authority & power," they gave a marking talk against the family, and their shunning outside the K.H. continues.

The scumbags will do whatever they want to try and force you to submit to their "theocratic demonic arrangement."

• Chook
    Chook

Google " don't talk to police " the first video will explain the wisdom of the "no comment " argument

• Landy
    Landy

Scenario 1

Elder: Well, brother smith, it's been a while since we've seen you at the meeting?

B. Smith: <shakes head ruefully> I know, it's just been really busy at work and I'm struggling tro get there.

Elder: Well, you know how important the meetings are, don't you?

B. Smith: Yes brother, I'll try harder.

Elder: Good, I'm pleased we've had this opportunity to chat.

Scenario 2

Elder: Well, brother smith, it's been a while since we've seen you at the meeting?

B. Smith : Thanks for enquiring brother but I have my own personal and private reasons for not going.

Elder: Hmm, that sounds worrying brother smith, anything we can help with?

B. Smith: No thank you, my reasons are private.

Elder: Okay brother smith <runs off to huddle with other elders>

If you want to fade, then do it without raising suspicion.

If you want to go out in a blaze of glory then just do it.

• helpmeout
    helpmeout

The Searcher

The Searcher 3 hours ago

LANDY - How can you say that it's easier to agree with everything they say? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Maybe some could, but I certainly couldn't.

However, as a word of warning, I've been informed of a recent case where a family politely declined their elders' offer to talk about a personal situation. Taking this rebuttal as a personal insult to the elders' "authority & power," they gave a marking talk against the family, and their shunning outside the K.H. continues.

The scumbags will do whatever they want to try and force you to submit to their "theocratic demonic arrangement."

This has happened to my family. Control is the name of the game. Sincere, good hearted people don't go along with their nonsense.

• steve2
    steve2

Chook you sound very young and more than a little on the paranoid side of things. In one post you talk about being hounded by the elders and in another ask whether you should talk to them. I'm still waiting for something in your posts that suggests you are capable of critical thinking or engaging in calm reasoning on issues.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Using the analogy which The Searcher posted;

If the elders continued to probe one could possibly turn around and say;

" Which part of private & personal don't you understand? "

Admittedly this could be construed as confrontational however, there are times when you have to stand your ground and be damned with the consequences.

• Chook
    Chook

Steve2 turning 50 next year. Paranoid it may seem but history proves those with early knowledge won battle. To be truthful you have to take the US government line " I don't negotiate with terrorists " . Even Christ couldn't out talk corrupt religious leaders . He led example " no comment "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit