JW DECREASE in Canada

by Uzzah 18 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thats the best news I have heard today!!!!! Thanks for telling me...
    I guess Apollos is watering the seeds we planted Canadians!!!!
    Hey we are ALL apart of their decrease,,,,some are on line... reading what ALL The Brits, Aussies, Yanks, Swedes, Germans, ( did I forget a country )?man/woman on Simons line- is saying ..."Everything come to him who waits"

• Scully
    Scully

I went back to the table in the Jan 02 Watchtower and noticed something interesting... (more number fudging, actually)

The ratio of Canadians:JW is listed as 279 for the 2001 Service Year. Meaning 279 Canadians for every JW. When you do the math in reverse, you realize that the WTS is using the peak publishers to arrive at that ratio. However when they compare JW numbers in 2001 to 2000, they are using figures for average publishers.

When you look at the ratio, it appears to be pretty good, statistically speaking, but when you use the same comparitors, it's another story all together. By checking the ratio from one year to the next (provided you are consistent in your comparitors), I think we'll see an interesting picture over the next few years.

Love, Scully

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Uzzah. Thanks for the link.

This decrease is probably due to the fact that the jws have lost members to the Jedi religion.

Of course 20,000 dosen't compare to the 124,000 the Aussies reported in their census as acknowledged by onacruse in December 02 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/42802/1.ashx

Blondie. You've got some work to do !

• Simon
    Simon

yes, we mustn't forget that they have relaxed the rules to allow more people to report and also put more and more pressure on people to report (like having the personal reporting at the Tue group)

All this is designed to keep the service stats up and prevent a decline. While the number of publishers may appear to be going down slightly, the number of hours that they are doing and the babtisms is dropping like a stone.

The effect I think will be that there will be a massive collapse in the figures - you can't keep pushing and pushing people indefinitely without them 'breaking'.

• Mary
    Mary

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we (Canada) report a 3% increase last year?? While I'm sure the numbers are probably fixed anyway, I was pretty sure everyone at the Hall was going on and on about "finally, we have an "increase"..........

• Scully
    Scully

Here's an awesome website that gives statistical analyses of the WTS's annual reports:

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Scully. Thanks for the link. That is awesome info.

xjw_b12 who prefers graphs to reading numbers

BTTT

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

way to go Canada. Sell us your secret.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Inrested people probably said they were Witnesses when filling out the census.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit