JW DECREASE in Canada

by Uzzah 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Statistics Canada just released the results of their 2001 census.

In the 10 years from 1991 to 2001 the JW's had a 8.1% decrease

1991 - 168,375 (KM reports approx 110,000 active pubs)

2001 - 154,745 (I am not certain of the KM reported figures for this year but am presuming it to be 115-120,000 *** added by edit - I was just informed the peak in 2001 was 110,000.****

Interesting that it was in/around the early 90's that the Internet became more common. Information is power and it is having an effect!

http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census01/products/analytic/companion/rel/pdf/96F0030XIE2001015.pdf takes you to an adobe PDF file containing the entire census on religion in Canada.

Keep up the innoculations folks!

Uzzah

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This may be a case where inactive, DF'd, and faded dubs may not be indicating JW's as their religion of choice when filling out the census, whereas in times past they may have. Of course this is good news, it means that more people are mentally making the break from JWism.

• Scully
    Scully

This is great news Uzzah!

I found the 2001 World Wide Report from the January 2002 Watchtower.

Canada reports a peak of 110,818 publishers, with an average of 107,218 for the service year ending August 2001. The average for the service year ending August 2000 was 107,742. That's a 0.49% decrease, which, incidentally, the WTS reported as 0% growth. (*cough*liars*cough*)

The waters of Babylon are indeed drying up!

Love, Scully

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I feel proud to be part of the increasing legions of non-JWs. A hearty well-done! to all my Canadian brethren. May your unfaithfulness remain in tact.

After laboring in the state of irregularity for a considerable amount of time (they kept phoning me for service reports and I couldn't let them down), I have finally been appointed to the position of inactive. For the last six weeks, I am officially inactive. I hope that my position does not make be haughty and I begin to lord it over my fellow non-workers.

• JH
    JH

I guess they will turn this to their advantage saying that Jehovah is cleansing the congregations.

• Scully
    Scully

It will be interesting to see the effect of allowing the 15-minute publisher on the statistics this year. From 2001 (prior to the implementation of this Privilegeā„¢) to 2002, I believe a slight increase was noted. However, we should see the "real" picture at the end of the 2003 service year.

The WTS bought itself two more years of artificially enhanced statistics with this number fudging game. Keep your eyes open for more number fudging strategies for the 2004 service year.

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

This is particularly bad considering that the general population grew by 4% between 1996 and 2001. Or good, depending on your point of view.

Expatbrit

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Oh Canada!

Your brothers to the south salute you!

WELL DONE!

• herk
  • herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit