East Pennines A$$emb£y Hall

by punkofnice 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sorry, I meant to add to this yesterday.

I heard the letter read and then the immediate zoom resolution. 100% acceptance of course, questions invited but not asked.

The ownership of (according to the letter) all Assembly Hall trusts is being transferred to the International Bible Students Association (IBSA).

This is another step in the continuum in which all assets are being gathered together under the WT direct umbrella.

There was a huge amount of time money and possessions put into EPAH to my knowledge. I know of sisters who gave family valuables, heirlooms that should have been kept for their children/grand children that were just poured into that hungry maw. Now, poof, it's given away for nothing. It can be disposed with without any further discussion.

Just voted away in a five minute max decision. It's totalitarianism in my book.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Jonathon Rastell was not the CO but his father David Rastell was. I seem to remember he came from Rochester in Kent and kept his house on there and returned when he retired. He was our CO and caused a lot of descension among the elders, all of whom hated him. Apparently ours was not the only congregation.

When he left after the three year stint everyone was so happy. He was replaced with Philip Rose! You sometimes have to be careful what you wish for.

The current guy is Sean Smart and is staying in place even though the three year schedule has now passed. Probably the best CO I have met in many years.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is very interesting news.

Does anyone know, did the branch give any reason for selling the building? Did they say it’s because it’s not been in use during the pandemic? Or is there a specific reason for selling this particular Assembly Hall? Did they say the branch, or the headquarters, need the money?

Surely, even Watchtower, still offers reasons, however incredible they may be, when making announcements such as this.

I wonder if they will sell the one in Scotland too. It’s only been in use for around ten years.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Answer = " We do are assemblies on line now, less costs less work, less traveling "

Jah has provided the inter-net so we are obliged to use it.

Jah also knows the value of Real Estate so we are taking his directions as well.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Have they actually said that? Are they selling all assembly halls in that case?

Because the latest information I have (as of a couple of weeks ago) is that the current intention is to resume circuit assemblies in the spring of 2022, but subject to (COVID) events. This is the first time an assembly or convention had actually been scheduled since the first lockdowns in 2020.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I'm being vicious and satirical Slim,

Ya , they probably will be returning to their brainwashing conventions sometime in the future..

The WTS has a lot money $$$ tied up in real estate they own, so selling off Assembly Halls in not absurdly unusual.

Probably going to take that money and put to the HQ in England , video production studio etc.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Just to clarify. The hall has not been sold. On the contrary it has been effectively commandeered. The ownership is being voted, at the instruction of the beneficiary (IBSA) . If the assembly hall(s) come back into use then presumably circuits will pay handsomely to use the building. If the building becomes redundant, then it can be sold without further reference to those who built it, made the sacrifices materially and financially to do so.

So, not sold... yet. As for the future, who knows?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Yes there are numerous legal nonprofit organizations all connected to the WTS.

IBSA is just but one in England .

Once the JWS return to these Assembly halls expect their use and costs to be evaluated.

I know of a couple that are situated in residential zoned areas which makes them and the land they are situated on saleable for residential development, which means they have 10+ millions in real estate value.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So they have transferred ownership of the Assembly Hall to the branch. But they are not selling the Assembly Hall—not yet anyway?

Surely they wouldn’t sell it unless there was, for some reason, a surplus of available Assembly Halls in the area, or unless they are really short of money, and/or they are going completely online. None of which are confirmed, as yet.

• HawayMan
    HawayMan

Nice Hall but it was a 2 - 2 1/2 hr drive one way for an assembly. Whatever they do with it I won't be going back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit