What happens after the End from teachings of Main stream Churches and teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Alex Williams 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Alex,

E. C. Colwell was no fan of the Textus Receptus, the text that the KJV is based on. He preferred the 19th century text by Westcott and Hort. And it was on that basis alone that he rated the NWT: not on its correct renderings but whether it was aligned with Westcott and Hort over Erasmus's Textus Receptus.

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20and%20NWT.htm#E.C.%20Colwell

Which of the translations that you listed are based on Erasmus, Westcott and Hort, Nestle-Aland, or on an eclectic mix?

Doug

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    One has to be qualified to be chosen By God himself

For by GRACE you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— 9 not the result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are what he has made us, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared BEFOREHAND to be our way of life.--Ephesians 2:8-10

You are right that one has to be qualified to come to Christ. But we don't have no part in that choosing. Before we are even born God selects us to be saved by and through his Son. There is absolutely nothing we can do on our part to be chosen by God for salvation. NOTHING. See when a REAL son of God hears the salvation message he reacts to it by FAITH. Which in turn sparks God's GRACE. That's why Christ said his own sheep would hear his voice and recognize it and follow him. Notice that it's the voice of Christ a person hears not the Father's.

So, yes, you need to be qualified by the Father but not by works or anything we do on our part. Once a person is saved the Spirit will compel them to live for Christ and Christ alone. Hence the words I originally quoted you. Notice the following:

" . . . . just as he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before him in love. 5 He destined us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace that he freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and insight 9 he has made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure that he set forth in Christ, 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to gather up all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth." Ephesians 1:4-10

A person works from the Cross not to it. Only cults make a person work for their salvation. Only cults.

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

Faith Without Works Is Dead

As well as works without faith is also

"Once a person is saved"

No one is now saved,Jesus plainly said :

New American Standard Bible
    "But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Paul liken this fight for life as a race and said run with endurance which suggest if one didnt continue to run will lose the race,so no one is saved,thats like saying Ive finished the race Ive won and not come to the finish line

Each one now is being judged by how they respond to the Good news of Gods Kingdom,if one accept the message and repent will be lead to Christ as one of his sheep if they continue reject the Kingdom message they will be judged as a goat and be destroyed:

Matthew 25:31-46 New International Version (NIV)

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

James 2:14-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

Faith Without Works Is Dead

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Wescott and Hort were two unsaved occultists who became renowed as bible critics and succeeded in producing a NT greek text that seems tailor made for the Watchtower.

Millions of people reject the critical apparatus employed by them as ridiculous in many ways.

There are a number of TR based bibles that adhere to the received text as opposed to what these two occultists contrived.

One of the newest is called the MEV - Modern English Version. Had a good talk at a recent conference with one of the greek scholars who worked on it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Can't speak for other denominations, but...

...(hoo boy, I can't believe I'm saying this again)...

......the WTS has stated - in no uncertain terms - that it plans to be around after Armageddon to govern in the New System, with the Warwick compound functioning as the de facto planetary capital (probably why they've gone out of their way to make it so nice, compared to their old digs).

Now, imagine the Org being given control of a small country tomorrow.

Within a decade or less, advances in science and medicine in said country will have ground to a halt... foreign entertainment would be banned... democracy, free speech, and freedom of religion would be nonexistent... any form of alternative sexual expression (even between heterosexual married couples) would be outlawed... travel outside the country would be restricted... creationism would be mandated in schools... the justice system would favor the religious elite... disfellowshipped individuals would be imprisoned or deported... and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

(BTW, anyone who denies this is either naive or lying.)

Now, image a regime like that encompassing the entire planet. Forever.

It's never been spelled out that explicitly, but I guarantee you that that's what would happen, "after the End", from the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit