What happens after the End from teachings of Main stream Churches and teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Alex Williams 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

Matthew 24:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Only one teaching will lead to salvation and the other one will lead to death forever

Both teachings will be from verses in NWT and mainstream translation of Christendom to compare both,before starting the reason both translations is the translators in many cases slanted the text to support the believe of that time,for example :

1 Tim 3-16 KJV
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

It was slanted to promote the Trinity saying God came to earth instead of the Son

Several other translation recognized this was in error of translation and corrected the text

ESV
    Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:

sHe5 was manifested in the flesh,the[ 5 ]there says Greek Who; some manuscripts God;

New International Version

Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh,

New Living Translation
    Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body

So the text was Christ came to earth not God,the word God was not in the original Greek text

KJV is widely used in Christendom

Another error in translation

John 8-7 KJV

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone John 8-7

This verse was added by the scribe ,not originally in the Greek text,Jesus never said these words

These are many more errors or misleading verses,one more passage to get the wrong conclusion;

King James 2000 Bible
    Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:

He couldnt have told Mary this after his resurrection because later that day he told Thomas to touch me stick your hands in me,several others corrected the text;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    "Don't cling to Me,

NWT Jehovah's Witness
    "Don't cling to Me

Christian Standard Bible
    "Don't cling to me,

New American Standard Bible
    Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me

So for these reasons I will refer to several translations to get the complete understanding as to what was said and how it was said,there are many many more verses that either mislead or slant the text to the translators personal belief

Ill google what is the Rapture?

http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/jesus.htm

https://billygraham.org/answer/what-is-the-rapture/

https://activechristianity.org/what-does-the-bible-say-about-the-rapture

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18.

Thats the belief of the Churches of Christendom This is suppose to happen when the end comes those saved will be wisked away to Heaven to forever be with Jesus.

JWs teaching

New World begins here on eart for 1,000 years

The Churches have a problem with this verse

Rev 20-2
    New International Version
    He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

This is what Witnesses believe that the earth will be a paradise and Satan will be released to mislead earth inhabitants all over again

Berean Literal Bible

Rev 20 3

And he cast him into the Abyss, and shut and sealed it over him, so that he should not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed. After these things it is necessary for him to be released for a little time.

The problem is since all the saved were taken to heaven a 1000 earlier where these people come from who Satan misleads after being released,certainly not those who are in heave would come back to the earth after their reward to be tempted by the Devil and a chance to be destroyed,makes no sense

JW teaching makes more sense that during the 1,000 many ones will be born and never was tempted loyalty and those ones who survived the end will grow to perfection and can now say they are under Adamic sin he brought on all mankind ,thats why Satan was not destroyed 1,000 earlier,man always told God why do I have to suffer for what one man did if I was there I may have been obedient ,so they will get that chance standing on their own merit

Ive asked preachers that question as to where the people come form to be tempted by the Devil and some say those saved a 1,000 earlier will come back to the earth with Christ who will set up his Kingdom here on earth,so what was the purpose of the Devil not being destroyed 1,000 earlier and will those who were in heaven now back on earth be the ones tempted,they dont know but just say Revelation is a book of symbols

There you have it both beliefs ,which one harmonizes with the scriptures

The Churches of Christemdom

or

• Sanchy
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

“You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf. 40 Yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

John 5:39, 40

Notice the stark difference between your cult teaching and what Jesus said about ETERNAL LIFE?

You needed to come TO HIM.

Not your masonic god jehovah. Not to your masonic cult organization.

To Him, Jesus Christ!

Take your crap cult teachings somewhere else buddy. Hit the road.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Alex,

Why do you accept the Protestant Church's scriptures?

Doug

• Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

Tenacious ,you cant just come to him Jesus made that clear

John 6:44 New International Version
    No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him

One has to be qualified to be chosen By God himself ,he is the creator and has the say as to who comes to Jesus

Doug Hi I use all Scriptures because many say you witnesses have your own bible,so I can use anyone to show what was said
  • Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

Actually if you research the most accurate NT its JWs New Translation ranked 1st with Goodspeed version by Bible Greek scholar Colwell famous for Colwell rule

The King James was ranked dead last in the Study of Greek text whats the most accrucate NT

http://newworldtranslation.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-new-world-translation-is-best-new.html

JWs New World Translation is the Best New Testament According to E.C. Colwell

criteria. Translation Agrees with the Critical Text Agrees with the later Textus Receptus Other New World Translation 64 0 0 21st Century NT* 64 0 0 Goodspeed* 64 0 0 Rotherham 62 2 0 Byington/BLE 61 3 0 New Revised Standard 60 3 1 20th Century NT 59 4 1 Lattimore 59 5 0 New American Standard 59 5 0 Westminster 58 6 0 American Standard Ver. 58 6 0 Revised Version 1885 57 7 0 Beck's An American Trans 56 8 0 New Jerusalem Bible 56 8 0 Revised Standard Version 56 8 0 New American Bible 56 7 1 Moffatt 56 7 1 New Berkeley Version 56 7 1 Riverside New Testament 55 9 0 Barclay's New Testament 55 8 1 Kleist & Lilly New Test. 55 9 0 Wuest's Expanded Trans. 54 10 0 New English Bible 53 9 2 Holman Christian Standard 53 11 0 God's Word Translation 53 11 0 Weymouth's New Test. 53 11 0 Williams New Testament 52 12 0 English Standard Version 52 10 2 Spencer 51 13 0 New International Version 51 10 3 Basic English Bible 51 12 1 New Century Version 51 12 1 International Standard Ver 50 14 0 Ferrar Fenton 50 14 0 Good News Bible 50 12 2 Jerusalem Bible 49 15 0 Recovery NT 49 15 0 NET Bible 49 13 2 Jewish NT 49 13 2 The Message 48 13 3 Centenary Version 47 16 1 Contemporary English Ver 46 15 3 JB Phillips 45 17 2 Living Bible 42 15 7 New Living Translation 41 19 4 Amplified Bible 37 27 0 Confraternity Version 35 27 2 Concordant Literal NT 25 28 1 Knox Version 33 29 2 Challoner 25 27 2 Hebrew Names Version 8 55 1 New King James Version 0 63 1 Revised Webster 0 64 0 King James Version 0 64 0

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Yes Alex, all of these are Scriptures that are provided to you by the Protestant Church, as the list shows. So you are just another part of Protestant Christendom.

Do you prefer the Textus Receptus, Westcott-Hort, or the Nestle-Aland?

Why do you accept Eramus?

What are your thoughts on Rotherham? and on Moffat?

Of course, no one knows what was originally written, anyway.

• Fabian1
    Fabian1

Mr. Alex Williams you need to do a double check on your organization Bible whoops excuse me the Greatest Bible translation in mankind according to the opening pages of 2014 yearbook.

Early in this service year, at the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, the New World Bible Translation Committee released the newly revised English edition of the finest translation of the Bible available to mankind. Jehovah used his own spirit-begotten sons to provide the original New World Translation. (Rom. 8:15, 16) That fact alone certainly makes this translation special, do you not agree?

How many lies are in this quotation from cough cough God's Spirit directed organization. Which EDITION of the original NWT from the 1960s, 1970's or the 1984 version or theme 2006 version or the 2012/13 Version. And what does use mean in the context of Jehovah used , so I guess the Jws God used his own organization to produce a Bible that betrayals his own new Testament manuscripts . Amazing.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Just googling "the best Translated Bible" comes up with many blogs, recommendations etc. On the few that I looked, none had the JW bible.

Are you saying you believe that the JW's have the Truth? I can't tell by your post. You seem to say they do, but then highlight something they've got no answer for.

Anyway, they used to have a very thick green bible. It had a reference for almost every thought or subject. Then the next bible was very slim in comparison because it had less cross references. I don't have my old burgundy bible out but it had a fairly big amount of references. Compare it to the "silver sword" and you will find that there is even less. Less is more I guess in the thinking of the GB. No more pesky time wasters of looking into cross references that might illuminate some flaws in their doctrines.

Who has it right? Anyone who is making money because religion is a good business. Their right is right with their believers and that is all that matters.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Alex , are the WTB&TS honest in their translations of the the Bible or do they have an agenda to promote the name Jehovah. ? Over the name and importance of the name Jesus ? In the New Testament ?

The "kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures"

Fact 1.The Tetragrammaton ,the four Hebrew letters of the Old testament do not appear in their K.I. translation a word for word Greek to English translation .

Neither is their four letter Greek letters representing Gods name of the Hebrew four letters.

So it is dishonest of them to say the Westcott and Hort text they base their translation on contains the name Jehovah in the Christian greek Scriptures.

The name Jehovah does not appear in the word for word section however they insert it in the marginal column in english.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit