2022-10-04-Documents!

by Atlantis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

We can always count on you Atlantis.!!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Thanks for posting this, Atlantis! It is important for all to know that the Borg is still bent on weaseling out of complying with the intent of laws about reporting accusations or suspicions of CSA. It sure seems like they are more intent on protecting their reputation and their money than they are protecting innocent and vulnerable children.

I may have overstepped myself, but I emailed copies of the Mandatory Reporter Training instructions and Q&A page directly to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. I truthfully stated that I do not know the original source of the leaked internal documents, but that I believe them to be authentic.

I don't know if the State of Illinois will take any action on this or not, but I hope they rip the Borg a new one and take a long, hard look at how slippery and duplicitous they are.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They discourage the Elders from admitting that they are JW's ,why ? because they do not want any connection with Elders mishandling CSA to bite the Org. in the arse, and it actually cost them some $$$.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I noticed too how the instructions tells the elders NOT to claim any connection with JW's. While they may not be a PAID clergy, they are told to answer "none" under employer. And to claim to be just a "religious volunteer".

It is much like their new way of phrasing their preaching. It is "personal ministry" in an attempt to put all legal liability on the back of the person, not the WT.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you everybody! I noticed that the Questions And Answers document asked an important question. The answer to question #3 shows that elders are "not" employees of any JW corporation.

Yet, their IRS instruction sheet shows that the elders "are" employees of the congregation, in order to get a Congregation Identification Number.

Wonder how they will wiggle out of that one? Be assured they will come up with 10 more lies to get out of it.

Atlantis!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Let me get this straight - The WT is using a government that belongs to Satan to train their Elders to do the right thing regarding child abuse?

Oh the irony!

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ UNDER THE RADAR - and everyone else here:

Perhaps the Illinois authorities (and others!) should be made aware of the fact that every baptized JW is recognized as an ordained minister, by themselves AND the org.

On that basis, shouldn't every baptized JW in Illinois be required to get instructed in CSA protocols?

w01 1/15 p. 25 - What a joy to see newly dedicated ones follow in Jesus’ footsteps by submitting to water baptism!...When baptized they become ordained ministers of the good news...

w00 4/15 p. 19 - Especially must we as Christians, ordained ministers of Jehovah God, have a healthy concern about how others view us.

w87 1/15 p. 30 - The speaker showed that our baptism is at one and the same time a most serious and a most joyous occasion. By means of it, we gain peace with God and become ordained ministers of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

w87 5/15 p. 27 - Last year alone, almost 12,000 persons were baptized and became ordained ministers of Jehovah.

w85 9/1 p. 18 par. 11 - All along, it has been necessary for genuine God-ordained Kingdom ministers to defend their authorization for the ministry. Their qualification as duly ordained ministers of God has been challenged and discounted.

w73 5/15 p. 315 - All these workers are ordained ministers who also share in preaching and teaching God’s Word to others.

w71 2/15 p. 123 - ...sixty-two persons baptized in the Atlantic Ocean....represented in these newly ordained ministers.

w70 1/1 p. 21 par. 10 - but the dedicated, baptized disciples [JW's] certainly are all ordained ministers.

w66 5/15 pp. 300-301 par. 3 - Jehovah’s witnesses are a society of ordained ministers.

• Marcial
    Marcial

Merci à notre chère Atlantide

L'un des documents attirait mon attention sur le contrôle de l'argent que les assemblées locales peuvent confier à leur trésorier. Comment cet organe directeur peut-il se sentir obligé de faire surveiller ses transactions financières. Encouragez les anciens à surveiller s'il ya ou non fraude ou détournement de fonds par des individus qui seraient nécessairement des Témoins de Jéhovah, si bien connus pour leur intégrité et leur honnêteté proverbiale. Cela m'oblige à imaginer que ceux qui donnent de telles instructions aux anciens locaux ont l'esprit tordu par la méchanceté, une méchanceté que même des personnes extérieures à la secte n'auraient pas sauf à prendre des coupables sur le fait. La renommée de l'organisation confesse ici son impuissance et sa faillibilité dès qu'elle est incapable d' accorder aux membres qui la composent un soupçon de confiance et confie à ses bergers locaux le rôle d'inspecteurs de ses trésoriers locaux. On devrait également pouvoir exercer un contrôle des comptes et de l'utilisation qui est faite des fonds de cet organisme... mais là il faudra se contenter des déclarations déposées déposées de ses sources de revenus ou de redevances qu'il gère et collecte autant que des dons particulièrement généreux dont elle semble bénéficier. Hormis quelques chiffres de ses dépenses pour ceci ou cela dans un rapport très minimaliste en fin d'exercice, on reste sur notre faim.

• Marcial
    Marcial

problème de correction

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am commenting on the document about sheparding the incarerated. " Regular communication with the incarerated will help them feel connected with the congregation"...."prefer.... in-person visits and sheparding...." Here is what this reminded me of: I once had a Dr. I liked but it was hard to get an appointment with him because he ended up with a contract to treat at the Fed. prison. The inmates ended up getting the better DR. I think the guideline shows that bad behavior gets rewarded! I was in the local congregation for 10years...you had to beg to get a matter looked into. NO "shepard" called to see how you were doing ( you would get a call or text if your time wasn't turned in timely ) My spouse died and 3 years later when mentioning it to the "shepards", they didn't know I had been married. I think the only reason I got the sheparding call to start with was some of the friends were complaining about what I was posting on FB ( articles from viralogists, doctors, biologists, etc. ) In a way, during the "lock down", all were "incarerated"...I didn't know of anyone getting special attention. During that time, I bet if I dared to sort it out,I couldn't come up with a dozen names of those from the congregation that communicated with me.

As to the training for the elders required by Illinois...Yeah, that is a set-up to throw them under the bus...been in the works awhile everywhere IMO...I think that because when the CO does the appointing of Elders and MS, it is to take responsibility away from the powers that be ( so much for being appointed by Holy Spirit )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit