Why does he stay in?

by Probablyshouldrun 33 Replies latest social relationships

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Probbers - why does he stay in??

Because he's under mind control and probably won't ever change.

I'll leave all the love life stuff to you. I'm no good on that front. Probably why I'm single with no GF.

• Probablyshouldrun
    Probablyshouldrun
    "He might be nice enough as a friend but on some level you realize he’s a flake and a narcissistic user who doesn’t know his own mind and you’d be foolish to hitch yourself to a wagon that has no one steering it."

Yes, I agree. I do want to remain friends. I think I care more about him as a friend than a romantic partner. I knew that If we continued as a couple someone would eventually get their feelings hurt and the friendship would be lost. Now I've friendzoned him and I can open myself up to new romantic possibilities.

• Probablyshouldrun
    Probablyshouldrun
    "Why does he stay in ? Simply because like a lot of people like him ,he has left the "truth" but the "truth" has never left him .I put it down to their being mentally lazy JW`s who never really accepted all the doctrines JW`s teach , probably has little or no understanding of what is actually in the Bible ,its just a feel good religion "

He claims he's studied all religions and the JW make the most sense. I'm like, "you have got to be kidding me" Religion makes zero sense. Believe in a Creator if you want, Jesus too cause he was cool, but mad-made religion and rules? NO thanks

• Probablyshouldrun
    Probablyshouldrun
    "Yet another one of these fringe dub males dating outside of the truth.threads...lol. keep em coming."

Can't say I blame them. I would never make it as a JW, i'd be DF'd immediately. Too many mind games. They make him unworthy. It's just all weird and I can't deal with it.

Anyway, I joined this group last year after meeting him. Did my research, noticed some things, and decided JWs are not dating material. There are some of us that do listen :)

• Probablyshouldrun
    Probablyshouldrun

She stayed in because her family and friends are there. Doesn't have the mental or emotional ability to let go and live a normal worldly life that her character is much better suited to. Occasionally overindulges in 'worldly' vices then crawls back. Is a born in who never knew a normal existence. That's the only thing I can use to find some level of forgiveness in myself. She was given no choice, but boy did she turn out to be a terrible Christian.

At 50 yrs of age she would either know right from wrong by now, but she's brainwashed.

His mom is in but he's not close to her and he has no friends or acquaintances at his KH. He's moved around a lot. Like your friend, his character isn't suited to being a JW so then it becomes a cycle of "i'm broken and unworthy, the JW are the only ones that understand me." And then they make him feel like crap and he wants to leave. I don't believe in missionary dating and converting people soooooo,,,,

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Hey Probablyshouldrun:

You probably should run. Especially if you feel that he would drop you if a JW woman was interested in him. I know it sucks, but it sounds like you would be off in the long run.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He claims he's studied all religions and the JW make the most sense.

Image result for bullshit meter

JW's have never even "studied" their own doctrines, let alone "all the other religions".

• Probablyshouldrun
    Probablyshouldrun

Image result for bullshit meter

JW's have never even "studied" their own doctrines, let alone "all the other religions".

IKR? I asked him to read some of my books, progressive Christianity writers, and he refused. of course

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People who get indoctrinated into the JWS religion are psychological locked down via fear and ignorance and maybe a little of self effecting corruption ... ie.wanting personal redemption.

For a few as long as they hang onto the faith they self assume they are seemingly attached to their savior or salvation in various ways which appeals to them.

That's why you see some go to meetings only twice month, no service , no talks etc.

The cable to their brain hasn't been completely detached.

Some of these on the fencers are quite disingenuous and pretentious in their daily social interaction with others.

• Probablyshouldrun
    Probablyshouldrun
    It does seem that way,,,

Some of these on the fencers are quite disingenuous and pretentious in their daily social interaction with other's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit