Another silly Bible story...this time brought to you by Moses

by RULES & REGULATIONS 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What about the "floating axehead" in 2 kings 6:5 ,I could never understand that one.

stillin the logistics of that one ever happening are way beyond belief.

.Obviously Jehovah was no lover of animals or birds ,what with all of the sacrifices he demanded over the centuries.

blondie, An innocent baby died, and her husband, yet he still had bathsheba. 70 thousand innocent people died and david got off scot free.?

So much for God`s Justice right ?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I always like the bible "story" about the time when the Israelites were in a fierce battle and whenever Moses raised his arms the Israelites started winning, (i.e. slaughtering the enemy) but when he let his arms down, the enemy would start winning the battle, (i.e. slaughtering the Israelites). Poor Moses got so tired of flapping his arms that 2 men came to him and held his arms up for him and of course, the Israelites won the battle.

Moses was the "Wizard of the Holy Land".

just saying!

• blondie
    blondie

smiddy3, and add this so-called wisdom from the GB:

The GB says that the baby died because it would have died if Bathsheba had been put to death for adultery while she was still pregnant as the law code said she should be.

But Bathsheba lived although she was not ever mentioned as having been outstanding showing mercy to others, as the GB says was the reason David was not put to death for adultery and murder as the law code said he should be.

I found as I finally starting reading all the verse(s) in the bible, not just snippets the GB quoted, I starting having many questions about the GB "interpretation" of these verses.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I always like the bible "story" about the time when the Israelites were in a fierce battle and whenever Moses raised his arms the Israelites started winning,

The magic was actually in the staff/rod aka magic wand according to Ex 17:8.

8 The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. 9 Moses said to Joshua, “Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands.”

The "Staff of God" was used to do a number of miracles, turning into a snake at the burning bush, making water from rock, vanquishing enemies, parting Red Sea. Aaron had his magic staff too, At this stage of theological development magical objects were seen as acceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit