RAZORBLADE

by ESTEE 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

RAZORBLADE,

Didn't wanna hi-jack Jesika's lovely thread, so I started a new one, so we could reminisce a little longer...<sigh>

Estee...I just would like to add, I loved your post over at SheilaM's. I don't know if your grandmother's place was nestled along the shores of Lake Winnipeg or not, but when I remember Gimli, even "I" have fond memories (August 1992), walking along the sugary white sand in +30C heat. Priceless.

Sugary white sand...you must be talking about Grand Beach! Isn't that wonderful? All the way to the west coast from there, you just don't get white sand like that! If you look out over the water at the opposite shore...that is where Gimli is. Gimli doesn't have the white sand...it all washed over to Grand Beach.... it's just the best!!! Gimli is about an hour away from Grand Beach...glad they "twinned" that highway.......the road rage to get to the beach and relax.....hehehehe!!!!

Estee: I dedicate Chantal Kreviazuk's hit: "Before You" (1999) song to you. Manitoba's songbird from Morden-Winkler, MB. (near the border of North Dakota)

Thanks, Rayzor! You are just so-o--o-o-o-o thoughtful! You're the B-E-S-T!!!!

Love ya!!!

ESTEE

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

CHANTAL KREVIAZUK LYRICS "Before You"

Baby, before you
    Well, I was bad news
    In lettin' me love you
    I think I can get through

Oh, baby before you
    Well, I was so scared
    I was a train wreck waitin' to happen
    On the way to nowhere

And now I think it's kinda funny that you say you love me
    You tell me that I'm crazy then you smile

And now I think I'll get through
    The end of the world
    Bein' a girl
    Now I think I'll get through
    Anything

Now honey around you
    I'm feelin' so good
    'Cause you picked me up out of the rough
    And you polished me up and made me brand new

And baby before you, ho ho
    There was just a black hole
    Yeah I was beat down, blacked out
    My darling you couldn't even know

But ever since I met you on a cloudy Monday
    I can't believe how much I love the rain

The end of the world
    Life as a girl
    Anything

Ever since I met you on a cloudy Monday
    I can't believe how much I love the rain

The end of the world
    Life as a girl
    Anything

Oh ... ho ...
    Oh ....
    Oh ... ho ...

Oh, and now I think I'll get through
    Oh, and now I think I'll get through

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ray is definitely a sweetie!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

My memory is fading...good heavens!

OK, I remember being in both of those places: Grand Beach, and Gimli. OK, now the place with a boardwalk like waterfront and a statue of a Norseman. That's Gimli, Grand Beach...is the other side...I can't believe I got that reversed. Shame, shame on me! I was sober that day I swear.

Anyways, Estee...considering it was Mother's Day yesterday, and well...so many Mom's here on this forum; their sons/daughters - who cannot five/receive love due to WTBTS policy re: DF/DA makes me want to croak.

When I was listening to the radio, I remembered that Chantal Kreviazuk was from southern Manitoba, so I remembered reading a thread about you being born in Manitoba, so I thought: befitting. Chantal has a lovely voice, and that song is particularly good.

Thanks to you both, Estee & Stinkypantz for being the wonderful people that you are.

Many thanks: the feelings are mutual.

Big Hugs to you both!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You da man Ray!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

<---------Handing a Grande "StarbucksTM" Toffee Nut Latte with sprinkles on top......all around!

Thanks everyone!

ESTEE

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hey, Estee and Razor, I remember the days as a little girl staying at jw friends for the assemblies in the summer every year. They lived just a block from Winnipeg Beach. I remember going down a lane to the beach. Estee do you know some of the jws? that were there ions ago?

• Dansk
    Dansk

A Thread for Ray - why not!

ALL THE BEST RAYZOR. STICK AROUND AS WE ENJOY YOUR POSTS.

Dansk

• Robdar
    Robdar

Rayzorblade and Estee

In my book, you are both "real sweeties"!

Canada is incredibly lovely. My favorite place so far is Thunderbay, Ontario. The time I was there I kept seeing moose crossing signs and yet never saw a moose. And not because I didn't go looking for them either. I am thinking that I will have to return soon.

Ray,

I so enjoyed our conversation last Sunday. BTW, my date turned out fantastic. I really like him and you wouldn't believe the email he sent me on Monday. Hehe, he likes me too. I am seeing him again Friday for a picnic. I hope it doesn't rain. I may try to give you a call this weekend to tell you all the details.

Love,

Robyn

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

AHHHHH Yes.

Grand Beach.

Like a corner of the Bermudas in Manitoba, no less.

That brings back memories. I had a girlfriend who lived in a small town, not far from there, Lac de Bonnet if I remember correctly.

Spent a lot of time there. Nice and quiet, during the week, and Coney Island on the weekends, when 100,000 Winnipegers made the short trip, North. Does anyone know if they finally 4 laned that highway all the way ? I remember it only going the majority of the way and then down to 2 lanes.

It was nuts going back to Winnipeg on a Sunday or Monday long weekend.

Kind of like the Don Valley Parking lot eh Ray !

Robdar:

Canada is incredibly lovely. My favorite place so far is Thunderbay, Ontario.
    The time I was there I kept seeing moose crossing signs and yet never saw a moose. And not because I didn't go looking for them either. I am thinking that I will have to return soon.

Well the next time you're in town give us a call. I'm sure we can scare up a few moose, for you, and deer, porcupines, not to mention bears, and there have even been cougar sightings the past few years ! No shortage of wild life here, especially when we are partying at our campsite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit