More Watchtower Quotes

by Sea Breeze 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Crossed Eyes: Why Does It Hurt To Cross Your Eyes?

The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst its various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control.“ — Charles Taze Russell Zion's Watch Tower (July 15, 1902), pp. 215-216.

Golden Age, July 1, 1927....

Every bedroom [should receive] at least two hours of sunlight everyday. [This will] kill tuberculosis and other germs

*** g35 11/20 p. 105 Destruction of American Government ***

The destruction of the American Government by Roman Catholic Fascism or Jesuitism has proceeded far under Franklin D. Roosevelt.

The Jesuit offices, where plans for taking over the government of the United States are worked out in detail, are located at Woolworth Building, 233 Broadway, New York.

*** w33 12/1 p. 363-364 His Organization ***

Without doubt these angels are delegated by the Lord to convey his instructions to the members of his organization on earth. Just how this is done is not necessary for us to understand....

These things being true, then if one in the organization receives directions, and those directions come through the place designated to give instructions, then the instructions should be obeyed as unto the Lord.

*** Watchtower Jan 15 1912 (reprints p.4963) ***

*** Golden Age 1931/1934 December 19 p.187} ***
    Appendicitis: Take one ounce each of elder blossom, peppermint and yarrow and simmer in three pints of water .. take a wineglassful every fifteen minutes.. Do not be afraid of the perspiration caused, or if you vomit.

• *** g24 12/3 p. 151 A Remarkable Fulfilment of Prophecy ***

"And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth until Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain."-- Zechariah 14.17.

On May 6th the Spanish Government refused permission to Judge Rutherford to speak in Madrid in support of his belief, and our belief, that we have come to the time of the establishment of the Lord's kingdom in the earth -- an event described in the Revelation of St. John as "the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven".... while the whole of Central Europe is complaining about a miserable summer, no rain has fallen in Madrid, the capital of Spain, since May 6. As this was the date upon which Judge Rutherford was refused permission to lecture in that city, we feel that the matter will be of interest to you. May we assume that there is a connection between the two things?"

*** km 2/94 p. 6 How Beneficial to Recount What Jehovah Has Done! ***

The Proclaimers book contains a record of your spiritual heritage. You ought to know it well. Take time to think about the implications of what you read. As you review the activity of ancient witnesses of Jehovah, consider how you can imitate their faith. (Heb. 12:1, 2) When you read about the development of the great apostasy, take special note of the pitfalls that ensnared those who turned away, with a view to safeguarding your own spirituality.

*** w00 7/1 p. 17 Sowing Seeds of Kingdom Truth ***

After removing several boards, he discovered that behind the wall, mice had stowed away shredded papers, empty walnut shells, and other debris. There, in the midst of it all, lay a copy of The Golden Age magazine. Robert was particularly interested in an article on the subject of raising children. He was so impressed by the clear, Bible-based direction given in the magazine that he told Lila that they were going to join "the religion of The Golden Age." Within just a few weeks, Jehovah’s Witnesses came to their door...

*** w83 9/1 p. 9 Moving Ahead With God’s Organization ***

We moved a few miles away to Mountain View, close enough to San Jose to attend the meetings of the ecclesia there again. My father operated another store, and I worked in it full time, never receiving any wages but just helping him. Dad subscribed to The Watchtower and The Golden Age (now called Awake!), and how I especially enjoyed the The Golden Age! I felt that I was getting more information from it than I would have received had I remained in high school.

*** g33 10/11 p. 11 And Yet -- ***

Remarkable Recovery of Sight

"I WAS blind and couldn't work," said Ellen Williams, of Georgia. "My arms would fall dead at my side and my whole right side became useless. Two years ago I discarded my aluminum ware, and my eyesight has come back. I don't use glasses now and am regaining use of my body gradually. I am sixty-five years of age. Thanks to The Golden Age for this information."

*** g35 9/11 p. 799 The Lady Holds Her Nose ***

The women of Jehovah's organization do not have time to powder and paint to look like a circus poster (nor do they want to), neither could they qualify as a model for cigarette ads. Nor do they spend their time toying with cocktail glasses, but if I might propose a toast (water will serve the purpose) it would be, "Here is to the Time writer; we hold our nose as he passes by."

*** g35 10/9 p. 11 The Devil's Real Target -- Jehovah's witnesses ***

'All the World Wondering'

AS POINTED out in Light, Book One, all the world is now literally wondering at the recovery of the "beast", Germany, that received the deadly wound and has since been healed. (Revelation 13:3)

*** g35 10/9 p. 30 Home and Health ***

The Regular Daily Dose of Poison

All the relief work was stopped in Idaho at the first of the year. In shacks that would not keep a horse warm I have seen a mother with two to eight children watching a lone aluminum pot boil with some beans or potatoes in it. Under the conditions it seemed to me that a dose of strychnine would have been more humane than that regular daily dose of poison. How I have hoped and prayed for Armageddon!

*** g35 10/9 p. 30 Home and Health ***

An Effective Laxative

SOPHIA E. SCHWAB, O.D., optometrist, Colorado, recommends the following laxative from natural foods as wonderfully satisfactory: "1/4 pound each of cashew nuts, raisins, cocoanut and senna leaves, and 1/2 cup honey. Grind dry ingredients through food chopper and mix with the honey. Left in a large ball it keeps fresh a long time. Take a piece the size of a small walnut at night, and reduce as needed. Keep in icebox. Jehovah, the eternal King, supplies us with all good things. The Devil and his hordes begrudge mankind a healthy moment. The day of slaughter is near."

*** g34 9/26 p. 803-807 Sales Propaganda Keeps Millions Ill -- Part 2 ***

G. A. Bauer, of Missouri, had a skin cancer which it was explained to him, he could have removed for $50. He stopped eating food cooked in aluminum ware; the "cancer" dried up, and he brushed it off with his fingers.

J. N. Regan, of Missouri, warmed and drank one morning coffee that had been left in an aluminum percolator the previous morning; as a result he was nearly blind for nine months, until the aluminum worked out of his system....

At Verdel, Nebraska, the wife of Fila Sherman, his seventeen-year-old daughter Vivian and his thirteen-year-old daughter Esther died within a week after they had eaten corn prepared in an aluminum pan; very sad, but quite to be expected.

*** g27 3/23 p. 391 A Millennium With No Vests ***

THOSE who doubt that the millennium has already started are confronted now with the fact that in England last summer even native-born Britishers, some of them, appeared in public without any vests on. To be sure they wore double-breasted coats, buttoned tightly, so that nobody would see their suspenders; but who can doubt that the millennium is here when a male Britisher dares pass through a stifling hot day without being closely girdled with a vest?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

sea breeze, Proper food, proper time ! ( just don't cook it in alluminum ) ( it is ok to take shots with alluminum in them made on the soul of the aborted.) Racism explained!!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Who can doubt the millenium is here? Based on Britisher’s choice of clothing. That’s a good one!

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"At Verdel, Nebraska, the wife of Fila Sherman, his seventeen-year-old daughter Vivian and his thirteen-year-old daughter Esther died within a week after they had eaten corn prepared in an aluminum pan; very sad, but quite to be expected."

Sounds like something mikejw, ana marina or enoughisenought would breathlessly report to us after an evening researching bitchute conspiracy vids.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Written by stark raving lunatics

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    "The Devil and his hordes begrudge mankind a healthy [bowel] moment. The day of slaughter is near."

What kind of person could possibly write such ignorant hype? The amazing this is that there were sufficient numbers of uneducated people that didn't know any better who subscribed to this stuff and started a whole religion based on little more than verbose bloviation.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Is this quote from the Jehovah's Witnesses hypocritical?

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." - Awake, July 2009, p. 29

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Watchtower, September 15, 1895: "Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours."

Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420 "Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked."

"Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24). 24 In these closing days of wickedness Jehovah’s people must demonstrate holiness. They must not foul their minds with the filthy mental food on the propaganda tables of this old world, but must feed on the feast of fat things Jehovah provides. (Isa. 25:6; 28:8.) Minds must be cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications. By privately studying regularly, by attending all meetings regularly, and by engaging in all features of the preaching work regularly mental circuits are deepened and such good activities become habitual, not at all the struggle they are when the mental circuits are weak and faint because used only occasionally. For ourselves and for others, make them strong!—1 Tim. 4:16.

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller's strategy has worked. --Awake!, June 22, 2000

*** kj 377 20 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***
    The unburied dead, those slain by Jehovah, will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including
    antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the war of the great day to see and witness.

*** yw 322 12 The "Prince" of the Sanctuary Stands Up ***
    In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he

"Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic `heavens' (the organization of wicked spirits) than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes." (The Truth Shall Make You Free, 1943, p. 285)

"The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)

"The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

"The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

*** yw 323 12 The "Prince" of the Sanctuary Stands Up ***
    25. How could Jehovah God use these cosmic rays to affect the king of the north and the king of the south, and what other natural force might he use in his work?

• Ding
    Ding

How can we not appreciate this spiritual food the slave has been dispensing?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Had this been any other cult or religion, the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), would have used this as evidence that those saying such nonsense were not the true way. They would have ridiculed them as crack-pots.

Again, like most things today, 'Oh, but it's ok when WE do it!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit