What happened to Catholic church bashing.

by Hellothere 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I remember back in the 80s almost every awake and watchtower magazine, think all, hade an article about how bad and evil Catholic church was. What happened to all the bashing? Was it because people in catholic countries got offended?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yeah, I remember all the anti-Catholic stuff from the late 80s/early 90s.

In particular the stuff about paedo priests abusing the choir boys.

Funny that the WTS has gone quiet about that ...

Australian Royal Commission Puts Watchtower Back Under Microscope. -  Religion - Nigeria

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

Who is that?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think it's one of the prosecutors in the Australia JW CSA investigations of a few years ago.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Nikolaus - that fine gentleman is South African-born Angus Stewart SC, a solicitor who practices in Australia.

If you've not heard about the Australian Royal Commission (ARC) into the response of religious groups in relation to child abuse then I suggest you check it out.

Another name to remember is Peter McClellan. He is a retired judge now but Justice McClellan was active in 2015/16 when the ARC investigated hundreds of cases of unreported child abuse within the Ozzie JWs.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Angus Stewart is a legend.

RB.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

they don't bash the catholic church because watchtower has more pedos then the church .

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

The bashing faded with Fred Franz.

RB.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have a lay catholic BIL who I used to debate with and frankly I was a bit embarrassed about how often the WT bashed the RC religion during the 60`s-70`s.

• jhine
    jhine

A case of " methinks they do protest too much " ?

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit