The Society even admitted they had a problem with their pedophile leaders.

by new boy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Didn't any of you regard some CO's and DO's as "prominent" in Jehovah's "Organization"? I don't think that they were necessarily intimating it was a GB member, just anyone with prominence. I'm not defending, just pointing out that we can't fixate on what we want to expect. The sheer fact that they never take responsibility for ANYTHING done wrong by them is enough to believe they were not referring to themselves.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree with your logic Wozzer, but I also think they were covering themselves in case the Greenlees/Chitty stuff became generally known. Crafty bastards aren't they ?

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

Sure this meant Greenless as he was chased off the GB/Bethel in 85.
    Discussed in length a decade or two ago on this board.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Steve's point- the idiocy of the WT Society comparing a CRIME and felony of child molestation where a person can serve prison time - on the same level with an alleged religious " sin " of homosexuality , immorality, or wife swapping - tells you all you need to know about how much WT Society leaders minimize the crime of child abuse. WT leaders need to have a lobotomy performed on their brains and throw their original brains into the garbage with yesterday's trash. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I have heard long time ago from a relative who served in Bethel branch in Portugal (and now a CO), who was the young protegé of a veteran missionary from Argentina named Álvaro Berecochea, who in turn was a very close friend of Frederick W. Franz (uncle of Raymond Franz), that the reason why RF was dismissed from Bethel had been homosexuality. The smearing of RF’s reputation seems to come straight from the top of the organization. With relatives like that, who needs enemies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit