Watchtower's Illogical Teachings

by Vanderhoven7 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's true that the WT has taught that all Christians between 100 AD and the early 20th century were anointed. But it's also the case that they reckon that most of those who professed to be Christians were false Christians in that period. So their numbers work in their own terms.

By the way, since they dropped the 1935 date as the cut off for anointed, I am not sure if they do still definitely teach that all Christians between the first century and the twentieth century were anointed. It's certainly what they used to teach when they had the 1935 date. At the moment what they teach appears a bit ambiguous. Maybe they will "clarify" at some point, especially if the numbers look increasingly incredible.,

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

It seems that the WTS has to stick with the 20th century call of the Christian "other sheep" class since these are depicted in Revelation as passing through and surviving the great tribulation.

So they are stuck with judging (on the basis of a literal number theory) the admitted 844.000 martyrs in the first 3 centuries as merely being professed (phony) Christians...which does not make any kind of sense to me.

• TD
    TD

By the way, since they dropped the 1935 date as the cut off for anointed, I am not sure if they do still definitely teach that all Christians between the first century and the twentieth century were anointed.

Where to you think they might go with this, SBF? To acknowledge the existence of non-anointed "other sheep" apart from the "great crowd" in the Christian era would be to acknowledge the existence of Christians who attain neither of the two salvations that JW's believe the Bible holds out for Christians.

Since JW's teach that everybody (with a few exceptions) gets resurrected, and everybody gets a second chance at salvation what would be the point of being Christian at all? Why get thrown to the lions if it has no real impact on the outcome?

• TD
    TD

On the subject of illogical/contradictory teachings, I've never understood why JW's believe that standing for a judge is a sign of respect, but standing for a national anthem is an act of worship. Wouldn't bowing down be an act of worship?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit