Next week's "Bible" Study at the K.H.

by The Fall Guy 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

One or two notable points from chapter 18 of "God's Kingdom Rules."

“It Will Never Beg nor Petition Men for Support”

7 Brother Russell and his associates refused to imitate the money-raising schemes so common in the churches of Christendom. (but his successors promptly emulated them) In the second issue of the Watch Tower, under the heading “Do You Want ‘Zion’s Watch Tower’?” Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. (oh-oh!) When He.........fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Over 130 years later, The Watchtower and the organization that publishes it are still going strong! (a slight exaggeration by the “faithful slave”)

8 Jehovah’s people do not beg for money. They do not pass collection plates or send out letters of solicitation. (a mega lie by the “faithful slave”)

19 Local congregation expenses. Funds are used to pay for the operation and upkeep of the Kingdom Hall. The elders might recommend that some funds be sent to the local branch office for use in furthering the worldwide work. (Some? The org’s recent 4 page letter of solicitation “advises” [demands] that all congregations should donate every excess cent to the org)

The worldwide brotherhood will unitedly exhibit cognitive dissonance next week. (at least the "loyal" ones will)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah, they certainly wrote that before the 2015 broadcasts, cut backs, and money grabs!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

“‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petitionmen for support. (oh-oh!) When He.........fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

So why do Jehovah`s Witnesses beg and petition for monetary support at the KH meetings ,Assembly` s and International Conventions.?

Why do they continually ask for the brothers and sisters to make up a shortfall in contributions to cover the costs of providing these venues ?

Does`nt Jehovah provide ? Isn`t Jehovah their backer ?

The org’s recent 4 page letter of solicitation “advises” [demands] that all congregations should donate every excess cent to the org)

“It Will Never Beg nor Petition Men for Support”

It`s amazing what a hundred years can do to nullify what the founder of the JW religion said, C.T.Russell would be turning over in his grave by now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I like the way that you put " Bible Study" in inverted commas in the thread title. It was always a travesty to call it such , and now they are doing this book on the Borg and it's history......it is a flippin' joke !

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Does anyone else remember about 2014/2015 being handed a slip of paper in the hall asking how much you can send the org per month? I do. Even then as a believer i thought "this isn't right".

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Sometimes, I wish I was still in just to have the pleasure to make irrational comments:

"We know we are Jehovah’s people as we do not pass the collection plates or send out letters of solicitations! Some might be confused about such statement when we consider our pledge to give a specific amount every month, or when we vote for donation funds to go to the CO, the insurances, the construction projects, the disaster reliefs, and so on. But we need to understand that these are not solicitations, per say, they are simply about how we handle our budget. Solicitation is when religious leaders go out of their way to preach that they needs more money to pay this and that.”

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

The very fact that the GB do not feel even a tinge of hypocrisy for scheduling this as the study for the week is mind blowing!

They must genuinely believe they have never breached those words!?!?😳

• Funchback
    Funchback
    pale.emperor19 minutes ago20 minutes ago
    Does anyone else remember about 2014/2015 being handed a slip of paper in the hall asking how much you can send the org per month?

I left the JWs in 2005ish and some time before then my congregation also had to do this.

• waton
    waton
    when we vote for donation funds to go to the CO, the insurances, the construction projects, the disaster reliefs, and so on.

SL: These were the occasions when I took the "no voting" doctrine of the wt very serious sement. ha ha.

As donations decline, more such votes on contribution levels will increase, perhaps even pleas to contribute locally and not use the wt online system. watch being "marked" for negative reaction.

• Moster
    Moster

STUCKINARUT2

"They must genuinely believe they have never breached those words!?!?😳"

I would suggest that they figure no one will give it any thought. And besides, you cant say anything - JC for you!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit