6-15-2003 WT. Says That JW's Would Not Bribe Officials!!!

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

"....I wonder if the brothers in Mexico get the same articles........

No, but I'll bet the brothers in Malawi did.................

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of a brother that got in trouble for helping another brother to get an inspection sticker illegally. Because both were liked by the body of elders, they were strongly counseled. and months later one of the brothers was accepted for Bethel, being exemplary, of course, while the other was made a ministerial servant a year later.

• gumby
    gumby

I think the old bastards in brooklyn at the time of the Mexico bribery scenario, were basically biggoted against the Mexicans as having any morality , that they felt they could call their own shots and establish their own law.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's not just Mexico! That was 'history' anyway. There are countries today where it's routine to offer bribes on behalf of the WTS.

For confidentiality I won't say where, but I know for a fact of one country where the missionaries are directed by Crooklyn to pay bribes to get the literature shipments out of customs.

So, when the R&F read the statements in the Watchtower, they should remember "It ain't necessarily so".

Cheers, Ozzie

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

I was born in Mexico, and over there they encourage the Witnesses to bribe Police, Teachers, and even make up an false card saying you been in the military for 2 years (Which is mandatory)

• gumby
    gumby

Basically they lie and bribe when they HAVE to.......then it's theocratic warfare.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Theocratic warfare is cool. I'm not lying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit