For those following the JW headquarters reaction to the UK documentary - Rebekah Vardy: Jehovah's Witnesses and Me

by jwleaks 14 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

@Thomas, yes! sometimes we must look at the negative our loved ones hand us as a gift. It is a gift when you find out early that someone will treat you like dirt, saves years of abuse that we allow. I have a friend that tells me every time when I relay a story of when I think someone has treated me badly and she will say, "they gave you a gift" now you will know how they will treat you in the future and you can make plans accordingly.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The JW PR angle "she was never a JW" baffled me. That seems to say: "Only visitor's children get raped".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I predicted the Corporation's(tm) response.

It was a non response full of holes. They're just trying their best to use the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy.

The trouble is, I felt the doco was a bit flimsy in as much as it's stuff that's been heard before. I'd like to have seen something really hard hitting like extracts from the ARC.

The insights in to the Scatter the Flock book were good. Perhaps more of that rather than some wee lassie standing around in Norwich.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Great Documentary

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If I could just diverge from the topic for the moment. Although, to say the least, it was unfortunate of Rebekah Vardy experiences. I can’t help but think that she to is also a vile opportunist, who is trying to climb the ladder of public opinion on the back of Wt. I also question her willingness to participate in this documentary had it not been for her tarnished reputation before hand. I actually think the two of them are well suited for each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit