Are the statistics out yet?

by slimboyfat 169 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

In reality numbers have been really bad for year's. Billions hours spend in preaching and almost no growth. I mean the yearly report haven't been encouraging for JWs in the western world for long now. This has become such a staggered boring religion. Maeby if they removed current GB and put some new GB members on that are younger and hade some new ideas. They need major major major changes if they gonna change the downhill course they on. Think the preaching work is more a symbolic thing for watchtower this days. They are more interested in catching JW children at young age and keeping them in the org. Only way too do that is removing doe's boring jw meetings. Yes go online.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The JW numbers look “bad” … until you compare them with most other Christian groups which are in severe decline in the west. Compared with other Christian groups the growth of JWs bucks the trend of decline.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I agree with slimboy here. I was listening to John Delin on a Mormon stories pod cast ( similar to Lloyd Evans minus the drama) He stated that if it wasn't for 3 children Mormon families. The churches membership would have been in free fall in the United States, years ago. The activity rates for the lds in England is around 14% of what the church claims.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah and without the DF arrangements JWs would probably have half its members. The Christian groups that you view as having " bad " numbers have about 30 - 100 million members. And growing. They can not be compared to little watchtower. Spending billions of hour on some work and see no real results is not "bad". It's a disaster.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can you name some Christian groups that have 30 to 100 million members and are growing? The vast majority of churches are in decline.

DFing probably keeps some JWs and loses some others. Other groups that disfellowship, such as the Christadelphians, are in decline. JW growth is probably due to a number of factors.

I can’t understand how JW growth can be described as a “disaster”. Churches in the UK, such as the Methodists, Church of England, and Church of Scotland, are losing around 2% to 5% of their membership annually. This trend has been steady or getting worse for the past 40 years or more. Unless the trend improves rapidly, these denominations are set to disappear by around 2050. By contrast, JWs are still growing in the UK, despite the country’s heavy trend toward secularisation. I don’t see how this is in any way a “disaster”. It’s the kind of “disaster” that most other churches would dream about for themselves.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think when the Service Year Report is released, it would be accessible from the Library >> Books and Brochures section of jw.org.

I just checked and the 2022 report is not there yet.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yeah and without the DF arrangements JWs would probably have half its members.

Even if the JWs done away with disfellowshipping and lost 50% of it members. It would still have a higher activity rate than that of the Mormon church of only 3 million members. Temple recommend holders could be as low as 1.5million.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Expect something similar to this announcement to be made in the not too distant future:

"The Governing Body is pleased to announce that the 2022 Service Year Grand Totals will be released after a more careful review of the unexpected and hard-to-explain decreases are further analyzed from dozens of different countries including the United States."

:) :) :)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

We wait with baited breath LOL , and can only hope they are honest in their report .

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Looks like the Annual Report will be out by February 20th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit