Science the bible and some telling scriptures

by Crazyguy 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

My favorite:

Genesis 30:37-39

Then Jacob took fresh sticks of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the sticks. He set the sticks that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink, the flocks bred in front of the sticks and so the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^ indeed ^^^^^

Why read about Gregor Mendel when you can read Genesis 30:39 ...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "Science the Bible..."

Absolutely.

Science the shit out of the Bible... :smirk:

• prologos
    prologos

Gen 2: 19 Animals were made after man,~ 6000 years ago: Gen 2:19: Now Jehovah God was forming from the ground every wild beast,--- every flying creature, and began bringing them to the man--" either man was made before the animals eons ago, or the chronology is right and the animals are truly novel creatures/

• LisaRose
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Most of the bible does not jive with science.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Noah's flood being just one, for known biology concerning how animals live and what can easily kill them shows this feat would be impossible.

Not to mention there is no geological evidence to support there was a global or regional flood of where this story took place.

In addition to the lack of archeological evidence from other existing ancient civilizations that were in existence when this supposed event to took place.

ACCORDING TO ANCIENT JEWISH HISTORIAN JOSEPHUS, along with Irish archbishop and chronologist James Ussher, Bible historians and most conservative Christian scholars, the Flood of Noah's time occurred between 2500 BC and 2300 BC — probably close to 2348 BC.

In other words it was just one of the many mythical and fictional stories told by the ancient Hebrews to bring power and relevance to their own specific god of worship YHWH

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wild_Thing - "Most of the bible does not jive with science."

Hell, most of the Bible doesn't jive with special-ed-level math. :smirk:

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ prologos - I like you, I really do, but if you can refrain from using the word "Jehovah" it would be greatly appreciated. The truth is nobody knows the vowels used if any were used at all. The proper way is YVWH. It's less painful on the eyes.

• prologos
    prologos
    T: "@ prologos - I like you, I really do, but if you can refrain from using the word

Yeah, when I copied that text out of my green " dinosaur in the Sahara" bible, I stopped briefly, but then for authenticity sakes I put in in, sorry I could not do it for dino too. (I am not making this up). Yesterday I straitened out the public talk speaker on the Bible-science talk he gave about Gen 1:1, : -In the beginning'' Heaven&Erath creation, when generations of stars had to die after the beginning to forge the heavy metals to shape Earth, 10 billion years later, he said: " I know", I said he was wise to put the emphasis on "heaven" rather than the earth. perhaps he is partially awake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit