Science the bible and some telling scriptures

by Crazyguy 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If one reads about God creating the earth with any critical thinking you'll notice that he created vegetation and the trees before the sun. Another one that I just read about was the stories about the golden calves. One story involves the making of a golden calf by Aaron and the other is about the golden calves that were set up at bethel and I think Dan. Well in both cases the calves were destroyed and ground up to powder. Well it's not even possible to turn gold into powder.

So anyway these are just two I can think of, are there any other scriptures or stories in the bible that don't jive with science that you can think of?

• prologos
    prologos

According to Gen 1:1, the Earth was created with the heavens in the beginning,-- not; but ~ 9 billion years later. The bible is off by 200%.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    If one reads about God creating the earth with any critical thinking you'll notice that he created vegetation and the trees before the sun.

Not sure on your translation but if read the Hebrew, seed was created.

• baker
    baker

29When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. 30Everyone who saw it was saying to one another, “Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Just imagine! We must do something! So speak up!” Judges 19:29, How do you cut a body into 12 parts and be even about it? Maybe he cut off some fingers and called them parts, and did he deliver them to all the areas of Isreal himself? Or did they have Donkey express to make the deliveries? This chapter is so absurd that not even commentaries talk about it much.
  • sir82
    sir82

If one reads about God creating the earth with any critical thinking you'll notice that he created vegetation and the trees before the sun.

Oh, well of course! That makes perfect sense then!

First seeds, and then the sun, and THEN the plants!

Ha ha! Those crazy evolutionists! Dummies don't even know the seeds came first.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I think the entire bible is a complete waste, an entirely useless book, scientifically, spiritually and any other aspect-ly speaking.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

All the bibles I checked say vegetation and trees and there seeds and fruit etc.. Several verses before verse 16 where he creates the sun and moon. These are the actual trees and vegetation and thier fruit and seeds not just the seeds. Anyway seeds even in the ground could not survive the temps of the earth with no Sun .

• smiddy
    smiddy

The sun was the luminary for day , and the Moon was the luminary for night.

OK the Sun appears to rise every morning about 6` ish and sets about 12 hours later , every day , where I live anyway .

The Moon ? ugh , ugh ., some daylight hours it is up in the sky all day , so obviously it`s not appearing at night on the other side of the world at all.

And vise versa , sometimes it just does not appear in the nightime sky where I live at all , simply because it`s up in the daytime sky on the other side of the world

I don`t live in the Arctic or the Antarctic , I live in the S.E.of Australia.

No matter where you live you will observe the same thing.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Image result for citation required

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

scratchme1010 - "I think the entire bible is a complete waste, an entirely useless book, scientifically, spiritually and any other aspect-ly speaking."

Some of the stories have provided a basis for decent movies... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit