Is the Watchtower God's Organization?

by Atlantis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecce
    Hecce

I don’t think that my friends are reading this information correctly, there is no contradiction in what was published in the article and the subsequent understanding over the years.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was always, just a legal agency used by the Jehovah’s Witnesses for representation, it was never part of the doctrinal conduct of interpretation for the Organization.

Over the years they had multiple imaginary entities that were the face of the internal Organization for the flock, in this particular case “The New World Society”; this was one of the many avenues that lead to today’s Christian Congregation.

I really get tired and mad remembering all of this juggling, I hope that someone else will also remember things this way.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

That actually is quite different from the current teaching. Its been log time for me but they had pounded the necessity to be associated with "Gods Organization" calling it a "mark" or paralleling it with the ark etc. etc..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder how Jesus will view the men who started the Watchtower Corporation such as C Russell and J Rutherford, being that they were unloyal apostates preaching a false commercialized Gospel ? 🤔

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks ZindagiNamilegiDobaara for the link:

w85 11/15 p. 21 par. 16 Do Not Share in the Sins of Others - "Many are as mute as a stone wall when it comes to revealing the wrongdoing of others to those who should know about such actions. It requires strength of Christian personality to inform appointed elders of the serious sin of a fellow believer."

No it doesn't - it requires an individual to obey the WTBTS and to disobey Christ.*

Jesus said at Matthew 18:15 - "if your brother commits a sin, go and reveal his fault between you and him alone."

Which part of the word 'alone' instructs a JW to then inform dictatorial elders?

*Thus rendering the org and the snitch as anti-Christ by going against his instructions.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    @The Fall Guy3 hours a
    revealing the wrongdoing of others to those who should know about such actions.

When I bold printed the phrases, ie : when the elders/ csa victim's should have reported to the police but stay mute as a stone wall. Elders to save face/ gb's orders or whatever....victims just following orders/obeying the boe's or whatever.

I did not mean that people need tobe snitches but wrongs/ crimes need to be reported to the police. added to this the Gar-Bage held back the data required by the courts in one of the lawsuits.

Obviously you did not pay much attention to what I stated in my remarks. Hope it si cleared up.

Zing

• Ding
    Ding

"Is the Watchtower God's Organization?"

No.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Great find Atlantis.

AND this info is on their official website!

Go to Watchtower Online Library/Publications/Watchtower/Watchtower - 1953/May 1/Temple Teaching/para 16.

Copy and paste the link and send it to your still-in friends and relatives. They might even read it in the meeting today, or bring it into one of their answers.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Tadua on Beroean Picketts just pointed out to me that the article is referring to God's universal organisation not his earthly organisation. So they have a get out.

But peaceful pete spotted that deliverance can come to us individually if we study the Bible, believe it and live according to it.

So we don't need the WT.

And, yup Fink's got it right. WT are apostates, false prophets and may I add, anti-Christs.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Anna Marina:

Thank you for your comments!

Atlantis!

• blondie
    blondie

Anna Marina,

I was thinking the same thing.

the article is referring to God's universal organisation not his earthly organisation. So they have a get out.

The WTS has many levels in their organization but it can get confusing, "Jehovah's organization" (heavenly part and earthly part?). "Universal" organization," "earthly" organization, and even "Jerusalem above." (Remember just reporting WTS view, not supporting it)

Jehovah and his wife the "universal" organization (pictured by Sarah)(individuals in invisible heaven)

Jesus and his bride the "144,000" when all in heaven

Earthly organization = FDS (probably GB now)

Jehovah’s people today carefully fix their eyes on the progressive Bible-based instructions that Jehovah gives through his earthly organization. (Psalm 123:1, 2) Yes, they act on his direction, being alert to whatever Jehovah indicates through “the faithful and discreet slave.”​Matthew 24:45-47.

(and this is not the end of the confusing WTS explanation)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit