BS stories in the publications

by Billzfan23 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sounds just like an "experience" that happened to a mormon friend of a friend's cousin's mother in utah

• stillin
    stillin

For sure, most other religions have suspiciously similar stories.

i wonder what ever did happen to Andre...

• steve2
    steve2

Theocratic goal for October: Looking for instances of people leaving money behind and turning it into the appropriate authorities and telling them IN PASSING that I am one of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. I may even go to the local paper or ask for an interview on radio.

• stillin
    stillin

I'm waiting for one of those demonstrations where you can hear the Witness thinking to their self. Their children are no longer in the "truth" and they know that they themself will likely have to die and be resurrected to ever see Jehovah's Kingdom. So, they think to their self "Self, do you want to leave your financial portfolio to a bunch of kids who will probably squander it, or would it be best to invest it in the present-day Witness work?"

All done very emotionally, of course, and the person arrives at the "right" decision. The audience claps thunderously. And everyone goes home with a feeling of purpose.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

...however Wilson turned down the promotion because it would mean he might have to work late on occasion and miss a meeting now and then. His boss was so impressed that he signed over the business to Wilson and gave him the deed to the building.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Even when I was fully in, I wondered why they used anonymous made up names for stories that had positive things to say about the protagonist. Well, now I know... the name was made up to keep anonymous the author of the story that was also made up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Bullshit stories in the publications..."

...Otherwise simply known as "stories in the publications"... :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    stillin - "...I wonder what ever did happen to Andre..."

He grew up, turned "apostate", and the Org lost a good, steady source of material... :smirk:

• snakeface
    snakeface

Anyone with any dignity, if they were told they were getting fired in a few days, would leave right then and there. My boss knows he wouldn't even get to finish his sentence and I'd be out the door, on the way to the unemployment office.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

could have been a "plant" happens in all walks of life, nothing to do weather Wilson,Bob or Jaimie or any other Tom, Dick and Harry are Christians or whatever, I've had it done to me and I'm an atheist, I returned the item of value to whom it belonged to and nothing ever was said, I wasn't all of a sudden propelled to be the CEO of the company I was working for at the time, nor did I receive share options that could have seen me retire!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit