Not since 1939 -1945............

by The Fall Guy 11 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

membership of a union where the views of small nations matter (the EU) - you genuinely think the EU cares about the views of Scottish nationalists? (The EU hates nationalism so they won't make an exception for Scottish nationalism!)

Joining the Euro would be good, or ... whichever, I don't mind - Listen to yourself, ffs ... 'joining the Euro would be good.' Do you have any idea how bad the Eurozone is?

I don’t want a border - The EU has external borders. Do you think they're a good idea or do you want the EU to do away with them?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I seldom voice my opinion about the politics of other countries because I'm a citizen of the USA and I know that my opinion matters as little in Europe as a European's opinion matters in the USA, but watching the news I'm reminded of the old "Saturday Night Live" comedy show weekend update skit with comedian Chevy Chase announcing, "...meanwhile, in Spain, Generalissmo Francisco Franco is still dead..."

"Meanwhile, in Great Britain, the 5,964th Brexit debate resumed, and a decision was reached to hold another popular election, ignoring the results of the previous 1,317 popular elections."

Sorry, cousins, but that is kind of how it looks (to me) from over here. I would have expected that after the first election showed that the majority of British citizens wanted out of the Euro-Soviet, it would have been DONE!

Don't get your knickers in a twist: MY opinion on this subject is just a bit less important than my opinion about the weather.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit