"Ones"

by Joe Grundy 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

I might be way out on a limb here, but here goes anyway. . .

I think the leaders of the Watchtower have depersonalized the human being by substituting their o.s. (operating system) and displacing individuality, conscience, curiosity, and intellect.

Consequently, there are no PERSONS in membership.

The Society runs off stats and stats of any and all kinds are only NUMBERS.

So, the short of it is this. JW's are numbers (ones) and not people.

An EX_JW is able finally to say this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LaT6qVRpg

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure whether this was a typical US English useage or particular dub-speak.

I realise, of course, that jw publications in English are written in the US and there will be differences. (Actually, WT should realise that presenting English language publications in US English may well turn off some Brits). I suppose that dubs will make an effort to use the language from the publications to show how dub they are.

WT is not alone in this of course. I was a cop for 30 years and I still cringe when I hear or read some police press releases. E.g. 'Police are looking for a 'male person' . No they're not, they're looking for a 'man'.

I am now a man of a certain age. 20 years ago when my son was 15 he would laugh if I tried to use 'teen speak'. Now, current teens would laugh at him if he tried to use it. (Revenge is sweet!).

Cults sometimes reveal themselves by their language. Normal thinking people tend to think 'why are they talking like that?'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit