How Russell’s ‘Bible Students’ view ‘Jehovah’s Witnesses’.

by be wise 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Fruitcake

The Bible Students also go by The Dawn Bible Students. ... Did you know Jehovah Witnesses mark DAWN member households as the "Evil Slave" and they never call on them? It happened to my friends!!

Well the DAWN is just one publishing house Bible Students use. But yes, you're right, most JW's have Bible Students listed on the back of their "Territory Cards" as "Evil Slave", or "Opposer" or "apostate."

I've lived in my current home for some seven years and have never had a JW knock on my door.

RR

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good to 'read' ya, RR! Always enjoy 'em!

Cheers, Ozzie

• be wise
    be wise

Hi RR,

To my knowledge, C.T. Russell never claimed to "represent God" at least not in the way the Watchtower claims today.

Most of the idea's that the witnesses protray as what the bible says are crazy. I'm still mixing up the two when I shouldn't be sometimes - Russell and JW's (This is hard due to what I've been taught by the JW's). I heard somewhere that he claimed to be under the direction of angels or they had the job of directing his work,(same thing in my opinion) because of some 'prophecy' or other about when Jesus started his rule, can't remember exactly, I'll look it up and let you know.

Sorry, I haven't had much time to post recentley but I will definately get back to you, I'm very busy 'catching up' at the end of my college year and have to finish a lot of music. Also, I'll have to get hold of some of the writings of russell so I can double check a lot of stuff and get a truer opinion of the man.

THANKS.
    be wise

• RR
    RR

BW, you're mixing individuals, it was Rutherford who claimed to have communication with angels. He taught that the holy spirit ceased operating in 1918 and that the angels were now dong the work of delivering the truth to his servants.

RR

• be wise
    be wise

RR, I admit - still a lot to learn and research - it's just finding the time to do it. I think I'll keep my mouth shut in future until I find the time to do it properly! At first there's just so much to take in it's easy to get mixed up with it all - passed that stage now; I'm glad to say.

To be honest I think my careers more important than this mind boggling religion! Hope I can find the time from somewhere though, cos it's facinating research.

Thanks.

be wise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit