How Russell’s ‘Bible Students’ view ‘Jehovah’s Witnesses’.

by be wise 14 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

I found out an interesting point today on the Internet in my research of C.T.Russell that took me down a completely new road regarding the entire WTS situation.

• be wise
    be wise

…damn computers!

Can I be bothered writing it all out again???

• be wise
    be wise

...breifly

In Russell’s last will and testament he stated his wishes regarding what happen when those that were to carry on his work did so.

Were his wishes respected?

They were ignored by the new members that later formed Jehovah’s Witnesses and those who agreed with Russell’s philosophy called bible students remained so and the JW’s were the one’s who splintered off under the direction of ‘Judge Rutherford’.

To me, all this man made religious bickering is bullshit and goes to prove how lost it all is in reality.

I was just wondering, can we blame Russell for the WTS as it stands today?

Bible Students today say that Russell would not be a JW or even accepted as one today.

I still can’t agree with Russell’s way of doing things at all. He claim to represent God and be under his direction for spreading his word but he repeatedly jumped to conclusions and made endless false predictions that he passed off as God’s will and word. He had some crazy ideas too and mislead his followers.

I’ve come to the conclusion though that I cannot research Russell using any WT literature that went beyond his own writing of it, so I’ll have to get some of his old books and magazines before I can properly research him and the role he played in this organisation.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi be wise

Virtually everything Russell wrote is available on CD, for example from the Chicago Bible Students, and also on Randy Watter's site. RR has posted considerable info here about the Rutherford take-over of the WTS; he may be willing to help you track down other info (I hope I'm not out of line here, RR).

Craig

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Hi,

The Bible Students also go by The Dawn Bible Students.

They are a wonderful, warm, great association who publish a lot on Brother Russell, but consider Brother Rutherfordd the Bad seed that formed the modern Day Jehovah Witnesses.

Did you know Jehovah Witnesses mark DAWN member households as the "Evil Slave" and they never call on them? It happened to my friends!!

Anyways they have lots of lit availiable on Brother Russell.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that if you check with RR, he can verify that there are letters sent by the Society to the Dawn for trading or getting certain old books for their library use.

• archangel01
    archangel01

to be wise,

You hit it right on the head, with everything. I have read studies in the scriptures etc and yes even those one wants no ties with the other. Russell aka Bible students & JW's, share or have one thing in commen, they are BOTH False Ph.. Both groups mislead there followers. Nothing, I mean NOTHING they said has NEVER come to pass.That proves that God Yaweh/ Jesus is NOT with them. Remember what Jesus once said " It someone comes along an saids the Christ is here or over there ,Don't believe them! (Something to that effect). Just read the bible and let it speak for it's self. With pray and a open heart you will just know what is to be taken as is or what other meaning is it getting at. Before you even read the bible say to yourself. What to I want to learn from the bible today.Do I want to read up on God's LOVE, or about Jesus second coming or about Adam & Eve etc. Then pray or how every you go about it then flip an read up on your topic. It's not hard, it's very easy to do. Getting the point of things is another story LOL. Just have fun and read!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

There are dozens of Bible Student groups, which probably reflects the way congregations worked in Russells time. They were far more independant. JW congs are just satellite feeds to Brooklyn.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/biblestudents/biblestudentlinks.html gives links to quite a few. Ive talked to some Bible Students online and even though we didn't agree on anything, I can say that they are absolutely far more open minded then the average JW.

P.S. C.T. Russell pick and chose his mysticism like a shopper in the grocery store. That's why the religion he developed is the unworkable hodge-podge that it is.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Russell's Bible Students were rabid adventists tainted by mysticism.

Joe Ratherflawed's WTS was....well.....just plain crazy!

Who cares what they think of each other?

BTW they do have something in common, they both had leaders with abnormal marriages. Russell wrote in the WTS that he never had sex with his wife Marina. Ratherflawed didn't live with his wife but prefrerred the comforts of Beth Sarem, not wishing to help raise his son, Malcolm. Neither of these guys would qualify as elders in today's WTS organisation, let alone be its leaders.

Cheers, Ozzie

• RR
    RR

Be Wise:

I still can’t agree with Russell’s way of doing things at all. He claim to represent God and be under his direction for spreading his word but he repeatedly jumped to conclusions and made endless false predictions that he passed off as God’s will and word. He had some crazy ideas too and mislead his followers.

To my knowledge, C.T. Russell never claimed to "represent God" at least not in the way the Watchtower claims today.

As to false predictions? Although 1914 did not bring all the desired results. much of what he predicted did come true.

Keep in mind what the Watchtower today claims Russell believed to happen in 1914 aqnd what Russell himself believed was to hapen and "apples and oranges"

Can I ask what are these "crazy ideas" Russell had? And how he "mislead his followers"? And what "endless false predictions he passed off as God's will?"

Thank you!

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit