by bluesapphire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

" Do you mind if we pray ? "

" Not if you mind if I fart ! "

xjw-b12 of the " one rude turn deserves another " class

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Public prayer. It can prove interesting.

I'm glad you saw immediately to ask for separate checks. When it comes to prayer...hum. I think the parents have a responsiblity to the children first.

My husband and I volunteer at a local food bank where their day begins with a prayer. Being a non-Christian I've learned over the years that these people pray as if everyone is in agreement with their god. And it just ain't so. While I listen, I also remember to inject my personal thoughts and don't worry about to whom they are directing prayer.

Now it might prove interesting the day this circle of volunteer should ask me to lead them in prayer.

Hard ass as I can sometimes come across, I really don't care what situation I'm in when it comes to prayer. I do not reconize their god, period. So it's all just a social formality anyhow. Guess age slows my reaction down because years ago I would have stepped aside; not having anything to do with their belief in one fashion or another. And if I think it's necessary today to step aside I will. And not feel obligated to explain myself either. Ah, progress for this old gal.

Besides, when the children need tending, they need tending. I don't think any god/goddes is going to heep a bunch of crap on our heads for taking care of an immediate responsiblity. If those in attendance have a problem with that, so be it. You don't answer to man today, remember.

Granny L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit