The (IN)Consistent teaching about VACCINATIONS from JW leaders

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

VACCINATIONS

How many deaths were instigated which could be prevented?
    Watchtower policies against vaccines left faithful sheep VULNERABLE to horrible consequences.
    Antitoxins and vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, anthrax, cholera, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, and more were developed through the 1930s.

1921 - "Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice" - Golden Age Oct 12, 1921, p.17

1923 - "Vaccination, summed up, is the most unhygienic, barbaric, filthy, abhorrent, and most dangerous system of infection known. Its vile poison taints, corrupts, and pollutes the blood of the healthy, resulting in ulcers, syphilis, scrofula, erysipelas, tuberculosis, cancer, tetanus, insanity, and death"

- Golden Age Jan 1, 1923, pg 214

1929 - "Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the bloodstream with their filthy pus."

Golden Age 11/12/1929 p.107

1931 - Prohibited as being a "direct violation of the everlasting covenant."

"Quite likely there is some connection between the violation of blood [vaccines] and the spread of demonism"

- Golden Age 2/4/31 p.293

1934 - "It is better to be jailed 12 times instead of letting your child be vaccinated" - Golden Age March 28, 1934

CHANGE of POLICY

Permitted in September 1945 Consolation- "When we lose our life because we refuse inoculations, that does not bear witness as a justification of Jehovah's name. God never issued regulations that prohibit the use of drugs, inoculations, or blood transfusions. It is an invention of people, who, like the Pharisees, leave Jehovah's mercy and love aside."

Since 1952 permitted. WT 12/15/52 p.764 and AWAKE! 8/22/65 p.20
    Watchtower 1952 December 15 p.764

"The matter of vaccination is one for the individual that has to face it to decide for himself....And our Society cannot afford to be drawn into the affair legally or take the responsibility for the way the case turns out."

Awake! 1993 August 8 p.25

"Previous articles in this journal and its companion, The Watchtower, have presented
    a consistent position
    : It would be up to the Bible-trained conscience of the individual Christian as to whether he would accept [vaccinations] for himself and his family."

August 2021 Watchtower letter reports that almost 20,000 Jehovah's Witnesses have died from Covid-19, a tragedy for all those affected by such loss. This figure is four times higher than the global average.
    In November 2020, an Announcement advised that 130,000 Jehovah's Witnesses had been infected with Covid-19 and over 5,000 had died.
    Using 2019 publisher figures, 1.5% of Jehovah's Witnesses had contracted the virus, of which 3.8% died. Global figures at the time were an infection rate of 0.6% and a 2.5% death rate.
    The confidential letter addressed To All Special Full-time Servants At Bethel And In The Field, dated August 6, 2021, advised that nearly 20,000 Jehovah's Witnesses have died. This means that 0.236% of Jehovah's Witnesses have died of Covid-19, over 4 times higher than the global rate in August 2021 of 0.051%.

_____

PLEASE NOTE:

Edward Jenner’s innovations, begun with his successful 1796 use of cowpox material to create immunity to smallpox, quickly made the practice widespread. His method underwent medical and technological changes over the next 200 years, and eventually resulted in the eradication of smallpox.

Louis Pasteur’s 1885 rabies vaccine was the next to make an impact on human disease. And then, at the dawn of bacteriology, developments rapidly followed.
    Antitoxins and vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, anthrax, cholera, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, and more were developed through the 1930s.

_______
    From JWfacts website:

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

When I first starting learning that the Watchtower demonized vaccines I was shocked.

Not that the Watchtower demonized vaccines, -------but that thousands of members followed a small group of men who had little or no education in the matter"

They were a religious group----not scientist.

I was in college then, and became fascinated that large groups of people willingly followed anything printed on newspaper or anything said on television "By Anybody" as Pure Fact.

So I started taking extra non-credit classes on human behavior and come to find out that "Humans" in general, are very gullible and easy prey to very clever ruthless people., who are harnessing the worst qualities in human nature.

It usually takes being conned one time to figure out that people can't be trusted. Even those with good intentions. Each of us have to consider carefully the decisions we make based on our own individual health.

A good example of this is the latest Covid virus.

Some healthy people catch it an die.

Some very unhealthy people catch it and don't die.

Some "experts say the vaccine is not to be trusted, other experts Demand that you get the vaccine or be cancelled"

Politicians use it as a tool to control the masses and obtain more power.

What a crazy world we live in - huh!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Interesting that in 1945 blood stransfusions were allowed. Prohibition came from pharisees.

70 years ago mom mentioned missionaries had to be vaccinated so they changed the belief. She was a keen observer of the dark side of jw

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower leaders seized every opportunity to alter doctrines constantly simply because a sudden hunch, or whim, capricious wild hair presented itself to their pea-sized mind.
    Up to down, back and forth, Yay to Nay - it's almost tragically humorous.
    All the blowback and collateral damage is nothing to them.
    Typical sociopathic indifference.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, back in the 20s and 30s they were very much against vaccination, and they had many other strange ideas as well.

However, in recent times they have been consistent in either taking no stand , saying that such things are a personal choice.... or in the recent pandemic they have gone out of their way to say that there is no objection to vaccines.

I would even commend them for promptly shutting down KHalls and the stance they have taken.

• Terry
    Terry

In our era of INTERNET and GOOGLE search - the GB can't get away with all
    the misinformed, hard-headed, stiff-necked poppycock they used to slip under the door.

If it weren't for the OMERTA silence enforced upon congregations, no members would remain. I am shocked and amazed so many Bros. and Sisters simply do as they are commanded by the racketeers in Walkill without any Berean curiosity or skepticism.
    They can't be curious or conscientious. Only blind slaves are allowed to remain.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In the early 1960s our family had to be vaccinated to be allowed into a country where the Need Was Great, (yeah, right), and Dad wrote to the bOrg and got permission for the vaccinations. Without their approval, I doubt we would have arrived in the country. Whether, or not, he really needed to do that, I don't know, but I remember my parents being anti-vaxers when it wasn't a requirement and that it was because they joined the church in an era when vaccines were banned and they were still hanging onto the idea that vaccinations weren't really ok with Jehovah.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I heard a watered down version of WTS having problems with vaccinations suggesting that many of the vaccines were "cultured in blood". And this was the reason. I didn't realised the Org came out totally against vaccines historically.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Figures that the Org was once anti-vax.

Ten bucks says they flip-flopped 'cause their qualifications for tax-exemption came under a bit of scrutiny.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

That was right during the polio epidemic. I wonder how many suffered death and crippling due to a bunch of uneducated nut jobs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit