This is What I Would Need in Order to Believe

by cofty 496 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    cofty, according to your morality, why shouldn't you allow God to be unmeasuable instead of having to measure up to your rules of evidence - Fishy

I don't measure god by my standards; I hold him up to his own claims.

He claims to be love but by his own definition of love he is a hypocrite. Theism is internally contradictory.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Theism is internally contradictory.

The vast majority of interpretations of theism truly are contradictory.

But good luck with the ontological argument from Saint Anselm.

My theism is based on his philosophical argument, in Pascal's wager and in a private revelation to me (a paranormal experience).

https://youtu.be/zCJhEZvhmCc

https://youtu.be/jsNdL_ANjAA

https://youtu.be/SIkVU0AcSMw

• azor
    azor

Again here we go back to anecdotal evidence. Personal experiences are worthless.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Again here we go back to anecdotal evidence. Personal experiences are worthless.

Scientism detected.

Scientism is a metaphysical interpretation of the scientific method.

Why do you think the scientific method is a universal tool? Personal opinion?

The scientific method can't be properly applied to rare events (origin of life or origin of consciousness) and subjectivity.

Your view is self contradictory. It's just like someone realizing a hammer really works and deciding it can be used to brush the teeth and comb the hair. Wtf?

• cofty
    cofty

I would be happy to discuss the ontological argument John_mann but it has nothing at all to do with this thread.

Scientism is also an interesting topic. Science has its limitations but there is nothing in my OP that could even remotely be associated with "scientism".

We are on page 11 and you still haven't addressed anything in the OP.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Scientism is also an interesting topic. Science has its limitations but there is nothing in my OP that could even remotely be associated with "scientism".

Your arguments always are centered in scientific evidence. Even in non scientific subjects. This is scientism/positivism.

The truth is you're a follower of scientism (in denial). And scientism is a philosophical position, in fact a metaphysical position.

I would like to see your position about the St. Anselm's ontological argument.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Simply because people believe God helps them doesnt make it so.

Not believing doesn't make it so either. --except for cofty. the And I did not say that belief in God is evidence of his existence.

• cofty
    cofty
    Your arguments always are centered in scientific evidence. Even in non scientific subjects. This is scientism/positivism. - John_Mann

The OP of this thread has absolutely no connection with "scientism". It would be a more interesting discussion if you would drop this red herring and focus on the specific points made in the OP.

Not believing doesn't make it so either. --except for cofty - Fishy

Of course not. The difference is that I offer objective evidence against theism.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I hold him up to his own claims.

Based upon coftys analytical method.

don't measure god by my standards;

That is only what cofty says but not what cofty does. And Cofty talks about god; I am refering to Jehovah of the Bible

He claims to be love but by his own definition of love he is a hypocrite.

Always using cofty's logic, arguments, and methods, and morality, and rules of evidence to qualify God's existence.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    offer objective evidence.

No you do not. And neither should God be measured by using cofty's rules of evidence because God is not physical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit