129 Passangers Sucked from Plane

by Francois 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The odd thing is that there are still people who are ardent supporters of that idiot Mugabe. I've run into them on the net. Curiously though, they are expatriots who probably would not want to return to a place where the money is only fit to be used as toilet paper, and where the gas pumps and bakeries have been dry for months. He put people on farms who had no knowledge of modern farming techniques. To make matters worse he didn't try and get the farmers who stole the white's farms any education on what they were to be doing. Its a sad state of afffairs when Tanzania is the sanest government in that part of the world.

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

Francois, i have stood at the rear of a C 130 with the cargo doors open at about 7000 feet and i did'nt get sucked out, but if the plane was at 33,000 that is a different situation entirely.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Not to get too technical, but this was an "explosive decompression" at 33,000. The high pressure air inside the plane rushed out to the low pressure air outside. If you are not strapped in, you are going to move with it. Most were probably sitting on the floor of the plane unrestrained. We used to haul Vietnamese soldiers and their families (along with goats and sundry livestock) that way in the late 60's. The plane was likely overloaded and flying tail low and possibly climbing. People crowd on till there is no more room and nobody makes a manifest or checks weight. The airplane has a lousy safety record and was probably poorly maintained (If they maintain their airplanes like they run their agriculture program).

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Yes, I read that it elevation the plane was at when the door opened, was approximately: 33,000 feet.

I would also guess that the speed in which the carrier was travelling was several hundreds of miles per hour too.

Nonetheless, a horrible accident.

• shera
    shera

Well,thats good that these people passed out...horrible news.

I couldn't really find anything funny about this, it could happen to our famlies or friends..just don't know what the next day can bring.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    it could happen to our famlies or friends

not unless they fly around in unregulated old Antonov cargo planes.

• shera
    shera
    not unless they fly around in unregulated old Antonov cargo planes

I'm talking about all planes in general... pfftftt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit