Satans plans

by asp59 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

Meanmrmustard

John 8:44
    New International Version

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Satan been probable around for millions of years. Say he has some 1000s years (one week for him compared to human time line) left before God remove him for ever. What he gonna do under that time? Kill humans. He gets pleasure from it. Why wouldent he do it if hes gonna be gone anyways.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

John 8:44New International Version

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

So one must ask himself / herself what kind of a being is Jehovah God who allows Satan to exist and do this to his created human beings ,in a sense his children ?

Would any normal parent put their children through what God has allowed Satan to do for thousands of years as Jehovah has ?

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Smiddy3,

People who personified Satan may have done it for good intention, but they never realized it put God in a bad light.

For the really inspired ones matter is very clear. This world is spoken as “lying under the power of wickedness” (1 John 5:19) which many Bible Translations rendered it wrongly as “wicked one” implying Satan. The word for “wickedness” is πονηρός (ponéros), and it means wastefulness such as a fruit of tree that has gone waste (Mathew 7:17, eyes that are not focused (Mathew 6:23). In all these places the same word πονηρός (ponéros) is used. (4190. πονηρός (ponéros) -- 79 Occurrences)

Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, “I have no pleasure in them.” (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

The pleasurable days of one’s youth is good, and it is contrasted with unpleasurable days of old-age which is called “evil days.” Thus for the Bible writers evil simply means what is “waste, boring.” “All these evils (ponēra) come from inside and defile a person.” Mark 7:23 πονηρ (ponēra) Neutral plural

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If you are a believer.

Oh, well. That's me out of the conversation. I need to see proof Satan actually exists first...then that doesn't get me to God existing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit