Satans plans

by asp59 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

If you are a believer. What you think was the most important thing for Satan to stop. The preaching work or humans becoming kings and priest in heaven?. According to GB satans most important goal was stopping the preaching work. But why would he go after something even God put down in bible could never be stopped? If Satan is full of pride, wouldn't he's main objective to not let humans replace him in heaven? How is the situation with child abuse affect the chances of heavenly rule? I mean can people that never put an effort in putting the new personality really rule as kings. Wouldn't it be strange for Angels too see princes rule on earth that struggle hard to apply agape in there life, same time have people ruling in heaven that never bother with it when they were on earth?

Galatians 5:9
    A little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough.
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Why would Satan try anything? Isn't he doomed no matter what he "tries to prevent"?

What would you do if you were put in the Satan's situation - as the WT describes it? You know that *He* knows, and He has said you are 100% screwed no matter what you do. None of your plans will work, none of your efforts will ultimately pay out.

• asp59
    asp59

I probable do what he has done. I cant go after God, so i go after People that belive in him here on earth. He gets enjoyment ruin things for others i guess. ' i couldn't get this, so you wont either'. You probable like drinking a beer or good food. Satan likes to hurt humans. He gonna do what gives him pleasure to the day his gone. If You knew you be gone in One year You trie to Enjoy life to the fullest that year. Thats whats hes doing.

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

JWs' understanding about Satan is wrong. They made the mistake of taking Satan literally whereas Jesus and his half-brother James taught evil as originating from within each human being. (Mark 7:21–23); James 1:13) When James says God has “not tested anybody,” but humans are “tested” by their own greed, he makes even the Serpent/Satan in Genesis account too symbolic. For Psalmist, serpent was a symbol of “poison and disobedience.” (Psalm 58:4–5) The word for serpent, used in Genesis account, is “nahash” and it literally means ”Serpent, Bronze, Oracle.” It can also mean “ability to achieve a great technological feat,” or “some kind of mental process, usually intuitive and usually impure or otherwise detrimental.“ (Nahash)

Interestingly, Jesus never intended his followers to be made into an organizational set up with ladder-like authority structure as also seen among JWs which Jesus described as the characteristics of “pagans.” (Luke (LUK.22.24-27) So question is “how can pagans understand Satan or God?”

Literal understanding is of no help. For example, literal understanding about a drunkard is to think "he has money to enjoy life." You don't feel the need to help him. But in essence, you see him as an unhappy one. Empathy results, you feel like helping to come out of his inebriated, hopeless state.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@asp59:

Wouldn't you rather just not play the game? Look, it's all laid out from in front of you from God's own mouth. The only way you have to smite him, is... don't do what He says you'll do.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Satan opposes anything to do with God and His Son (Rev. 12:17). He is also a great imitator. John demonstrates this in the book of Revelation by means of "antithetical parallelism." Note the contrast between "a lamb as though it had been slaughtered" of 5:6 and the mortal wound of the beast (13:3). The lamb denotes Jesus Christ as the one who, by the surrender of his life even to the point of death in an act of service, is worthy to receive power (5:12). The beast represents the power given by "the murderer from the beginning" to commit acts of violence (11:7), and causes himself to be worshiped because of his power (13:3). Many more examples where that one came from.

I believe the GB is deluded. According to Revelation (6:15-17; 7:1) the sealing of the 144,000 is a future event. "After this" means what came before. When the kings and their following flee to their underground shelters, only then will the sealing take place. God will decide who is to be sealed.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

If I were Satan, I would just sit back. There, I've invalidated God's Word.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The best plan Satan could do is help a group of humans who claim to be God's only approved channel of communication on earth. Satan could assist them in their understanding of scripture. Satan's word to describe his assistance would be "New Light".

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@truth_b_known: Right. Why go along with it? The Word has been written, just do the exact opposite. Easy. By losing, you win.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

More than anything else, Satan does not want people to repent and believe the glorious gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ; that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever will put their trust in him, his death and resurrection for their justification, will not perish but have life eternal and more abundantly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit