The story of a secret Apostate Anointed

by TerryWalstrom 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Wow how fascinating it must ve been to speak to that lady. Did you get her number? She must have many many more stories to tell.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Did the woman you spoke with mention if anyone other then herself woke up after listening to her grandmother?

I don't think there is any way to know that. Such awakenings are a process rather than a sudden explosion; at least in my experience. A little here and a little there adds up.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Wow how fascinating it must ve been to speak to that lady. Did you get her number? She must have many many more stories to tell.

________

No. I'm not comfortable asking strange ladies for their phone number. I told her I'm always at one of the Starbucks, however, in case she wants to pay a return visit. Naturally, today I can think of a million questions which eluded me yesterday!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    • +2 / -0
    • Wasanelder Once
      Wasanelder Once7 hours ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wasn't expecting a tome. Did he die?

Sorry!
      I started out to write just a paragraph on my encounter just so's I wouldn't loose any fresh details which fade pretty fast at my age. Then, being a writer, I had the nagging awareness of the need for a set-up exposition.

The next thing I knew, I was looking at the whole thing objectively (as a reader) rather than subjectively. It was at that juncture I decided to turn it into a short story for non-JW's to include in my book of short stories. That is why it reads the way it does and why it may appear unnecessarily long.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It was well written, don't get me wrong. It was just was past my attention span which was that of a gnat yesterday, lol. Keep 'em coming.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    Wasanelder Oncean hour ago

It was well written, don't get me wrong. It was just was past my attention span which was that of a gnat yesterday, lol. Keep 'em coming.

A good writer will not commit the unforgivable sin: Boring the reader!

It could use severe editing--I just didn't do my job properly.

• millie210
    millie210

You did do a good job building the anticipation and giving solid background!

I have thought about this story a lot since I read it yesterday. I think other than the sheer serendipity of it which is compelling in its own right, I am made hopeful by the fact that an older person saw through them.

So many times we have hope for the young ones but I have older ones I wish could break free also and I think this created hope by example!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

She seemed to believe the promise of heaven was not affected by the incompetence of the so-called Organization.

My friend Johnny felt the same way. He once told me that the Organization's leaders "had a lot to answer for" but that their malfeasance would--in the long run--be straightened out by Jehovah.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Incredible Terry THANK-YOU ! Shared !

• PorkyFree
    PorkyFree

A true shame that so many lives are wasted in service of a cult directed by 7 men in NY.

That some wake up and get out is good news. It is hard to know what will trigger the awakening process. For me it was the overlapping generations teaching, added to the may 2015 JW broadcasting debacle by S Lett. Certainly I was fully awake to the hypocrisy of the JW cult well before the Royal Commission started in Australia. The sad thing is that many - in fact the majority - of JWs will hear nothing bad said about their beloved religion, despite it being hard facts, supported by evidence and logic. Faith knows no bounds when you are fully under cult control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit