The story of a secret Apostate Anointed

by TerryWalstrom 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    millie2102 minutes ago

This is one remarkable story. Wow. Just amazing.

I suppose it is easier to think about Great Crowd ex-Dubs than anointed ex-Dubs because there is a mythos

about the remnant. At least, there was when I was active.

The anointed remnant were kinda spooky.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Really enjoyed the read Terry as I did your Babylon book.

Magnum: You asked about what older JWs think. Two ladies in their 60s or early 70s from the islands knocked on my door this morning. I had just showered and was in my housecoat so couldn't invite them in. Had a decent doorstep chat; let them carry on boasting about how many languages the Awake magazine is published in. I asked them both how they became Christians (one was converted, the other a born-in) and then I shared my testimony. Of course, they are much more willing to talk than listen. They left me with Awake no. 3 2016 and "the booklet "Good News From God" outlining the WTS "good news". All was positive; the born-in was impressed with my responses to their stated beliefs and I invited them to visit again and I would invite them in next time. One seemed very sure of her beliefs, that they were biblical; the born-in (the less talkative one) was more hesitant. If they come back I will ask them how sure they are that their religious beliefs are true and biblical? Then, since every one of their unique doctrines are extra-biblical and therefore derived through interpretive abuse I will ask them to substantiate them from scripture. Then I'll be sure to let you know how things went.

• Wayward
    Wayward

I suppose it is easier to think about Great Crowd ex-Dubs than anointed ex-Dubs because there is a mythos

about the remnant. At least, there was when I was active.

The anointed remnant were kinda spooky

I met an elderly anointed gentleman when I was eight or nine. Everyone else was awed by this sweet old man, saying how they could 'feel' the Holy Spirit around him. My big-mouthed little girl self said "But he's just and old man!" Yeah, I got beat when I got home.

• LV101
    LV101

I've certainly enjoyed reading your Starbucks' conversation, Terry. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe this anointed sister's courage to inform and share her wisdom with others in her hall. She was strong facing reality about her lifelong religion in her advanced years like she did.

I recall your post about your friend who recruited you - that was sad. I wonder if she had the opportunity to share her facts/knowledge with him -- maybe he would have taken note.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Interesting story...thanks for sharing it. It goes to show you how dismissive they are of the elderly and of women within the congregation. If you're not young, you don't matter much so they don't have to take you seriously or worry about your personal power. She was able to fly under the radar and "undo" some of the "good" she though she was doing in her younger years.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Did the woman you spoke with mention if anyone other then herself woke up after listening to her grandmother?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I wish I met that lady. Great story.

• smiddy
    smiddy

While I was reading your story I was wondering is this a fictional account ? or a true story , and when you mentioned your friend Johnny , I knew.

Thank`s for posting Terry , a great experience .

smiddy

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wasn't expecting a tome. Did he die?

• ex-it Watchtower
    ex-it Watchtower

Hi, just stumbled upon this post and promptly signed up. This is the most remarkable story I've ever heard about. What a clever old lady. May her story still touch more people to come out of this evil cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit