Jehovahs witnesses fastest growing religion, my ass.

by Crazyguy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    I'm still game for wagers on growth in the Western world - waiting for them stats, boys.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think so. There are upstart cults that are faster growing, percentage wise, than the jokehovians. Plus, you have Islam that is growing as xians get disgruntled with that lie (no, I do not recommend Islam, which is just about as bad). Not to mention various other miscellaneous religions, which were unknown a few years ago.

On top of that, you get spiritism being much faster growing than the jokehovians. Spiritual Satanism is faster growing, by percent, than the jokehovians. People are also exploring Eastern religions that have been presumed extinct. Astrology is making inroads with many people. The occult in general is growing faster, by percent, than the jokehovian witlesses. Do the jokehovians have those figures? Or, are they merely comparing themselves to established xian religions that are faltering?

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic
    Im trying to find the article but i read Pentecostals were one of the fastest growing religions, but it may have been in the US only. I do remeber Jehovahs Eitneses were up there, but the info pointed to the cact they they go door to door so its a numbers game. Retention was low if I recall the info. Articles I searched for pointed to Islam being the fastest growing religion. But I havent seen any articles I didnt fell had a bias. If I find something solid I will post it.
  • kramer
    kramer
    they don't claim to be the fastest growing religion?? Unless you have a reference to prove to the contrary.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Any sign of the new service report yet?
  • blondie
    blondie
    jws don't count babies...yet
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Hey Beavis... he said 'growing'... uh-huhuh... uh-huhuhuhuhuh....

• sir82
    sir82
    Certain old-school semi-senile out-of-touch Sunday speakers still make that claim from the platform in occasion, but the WTS itself has not done so for decades.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

I don't believe for a minute that the JWs are the fastest growing religion. But I don't think you are correct to cite the number of babies born to Catholics as being indicative of the rate of growth of the Catholic church. The rate of growth is not about the number of new members. Its about the number of new members compared to the existing membership numbers.

To illustrate my point. Imagine a country - country A - that has 1,000,000 people and another country - country B - that has 100,000,000 people. In 2015, country A has 1,000 new births, while country B has 10,000 new births. Which country grew faster? It was country A - the one with fewer births. How? Because country A had a growth rate of 1,000 / 1,000,000 = 0.1%. But Country B, while having more births, grew by 10,000 / 100,000,000 = 0.01%.

So saying that the Catholic church had 18,000,000 babies born to Catholic parents does not mean that the Catholic religion is growing at a faster rate than the JW religion.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Islandman, the average birth rate is roughly 18 per thousand world wide. if only 10% of the babies born remain in the church that's still 1.8 million way more then what the jws claim each year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit