Boyfriend and dating news - Any advice

by KateWild 15 Replies latest social relationships

• KateWild
    KateWild

So I started dating on the internet in June and have met some nice guys. I have put in a few recent posts that I have a boyfriend and wanted to give an update. Things haven't worked out sadly.

I was seeing him for a couple of months we were having fun and then things tailed off after Christmas. Not to worry I have a date with a doctor tonight a meal and perhaps the cinema if we hit it off.

I have found internet dating quite fun. It takes up my time and I get human contact in the evenings and weekends. I don't know if I am doing it wrong or it just takes time to meet the right match.

Many times I will strike up the conversation, and other times I will respond to a guy who strikes up the conversation. I sometimes ask them to meet up and sometimes wait for them to ask. I never discuss my JW past on the internet I wait until I meet them in person and usually that doesn't bother them. As I have had second dates from most guys.

I have found a lot of creeps also, and I tend to have a laugh and wind them up, but not too much.

I have also made a few mistakes and been open with guys when I should have found out more about them. So this current boyfriend is not what I am looking for and I am moving on.

Let me know what you think. Feel free to ask personal questions in the interests of other single xJWs wanting to date too who can learn from my mistakes. Give any advice you like.

Thanks Kate xx

• Caedes
    Caedes
    They're a lot more nervous than you realise.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

KateWild,

Before I met my wife at the KH, I tried internet dating. JWs and non-JWs. 

I kind of got disillusioned over it. As a JW, I guess I had a naive view of dating. I was looking for a mate. Every single person I met online was just looking to hook up, one night stand or "friends with benefits" kind of relationships.

That was 12 years ago, though.

In retrospect, I'm sure that's not how ALL folks on those sites were and as far as today, I can't speak to that. But that's sure what it seemed like. 

• St George of England
    St George of England

You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

George

• KateWild
    KateWild

Caedes,

Believe you me there are the real confident ones too. I do know the genuine ones tend to have nerves.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Cappytan,

Yes. I have found that you have to weed out the one night stands and friends with benefits.

Normally it's quite easy if you maintain a good level of conversation and stick to safe topics like goals, aspirations, and asking about their past. If they are open you get to see the real them and can judge if they want a future.

Yes George I agree. Indeed but it's fun going out lol xx

Kate xx

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It sounds like you are doing OK. It takes time to get to know a person and know if they are right for you. As they say, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your Prince. 

• BU2B
    BU2B
    Great advice here.  Good luck to you Kate!  Most of all keep having fun and enjoy life.  Im pulling for you :)
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Every single person I met online was just looking to hook up, one night stand or "friends with benefits" kind of relationships

ha--i dont know what dating site that was---but here in the UK most of the " normal" dating sites are mainly occupied by women seeking a proper relationship.  the guys are opposite--looking for casual dating.  and half of them are married players.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

KateWild...your a sweet lady...have fun! that right person will come along and you will know it. the next time you fall in love. it will be with an authentic person. 

have fun and always cap it.

the way things are going with my wife...i might be in the dating sceen too. because has she put's it...she will not be with an apostate. blows me away the debth of her love.

have fun kate and when you get in those depressed were here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit