Jehovah’s Witnesses – why I hate them

by donkey 15 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

Like SYN, I hate the stupid, dangerous doctrines and pity the ones enslaved by them.

Greven

• be wise
    be wise

I must say I felt the same way but I don't anymore. I'm losing my hate through researching this organisation. (sound confusing?)

Once you start to see it in it's true light you start to judge it in it's true light. You see the reality of it and rise above it.

Remember many people leave this organisation and always have done so and will continue to do so once they find out the truth from right at the top to the very bottem so to speak.

The whitewashed Watchtower is nothing but a man made appliance. A well organised one, though.

• donkey
    donkey
    The whitewashed Watchtower is nothing but a man made appliance. A well organised one, though

In "River out of Eden", Richard Dawkins tackles what he calls the "utlity function of God". He writes:

God's Utility Function seldom turns out to be the greatest good for the greatest number. God's Utility Function betrays its origins in an uncoordinated scramble for selfish gain.

The organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses is no exception to the rule. While some may try to point to the good lives they lead, one could just as easily posit that the members of Heaven's Gate were better. If being mind-controlled leads to milder behaviour - is that good? Or is it better to allow freedom to be who you really are without fear?

I'm losing my hate through researching this organisation

Care to explain how this works? Is your impression of them growing?

One defintion of the word Hate:

Hate (Hate), n.
    Strong aversion coupled with desire that evil should befall the person toward whom the feeling is directed; as exercised toward things, intense dislike; hatred; detestation; -- opposed to love. "For in a wink the false love turns to hate." Tennyson.

So would I feel badly if "evil" befell the the WT Organization? Hell NO!!!! What would such evil comprise? Time will tell...time will tell.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I like alot of Jehovahs Witnesses

• undercover
    undercover

Hate the religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses? No problem there. Hate Jehovah's Witnesses as a collective group of poeple? There are some individual JWs that would be easy to hate. Those who use their position as a way to control others for instance. Those high enough up to know the lies that are spread could be hated easy enough. Any one JW who goes against Jesus' example of love and mercy and uses the dogma of the WTS to berate and intimidate others; they don't deserve being liked. But what about the common puplisher who struggles daily to just get by in life and struggles to do what he's been told is necessary to gain God's approval? I can't hate that person. What about those JWs who feel something isn't right but continues in the pattern because they don't know any other way? I can't hate that person. What about those that stay in name only so they can keep their families? They may know it's not right, but to disown the religion means disowning their family. So they go underground and don't believe anymore. I can't hate that person. I can't hate the children who were baptized at 12 and 13 not knowing what they are doing.

• be wise
    be wise

I'm losing my hate through researching this organisation

Care to explain how this works? Is your impression of them growing?

Hell no, it gets worse but you see what source it is coming from when you research them. I use to judge them on what they claimed which is only fair and I still do if I’m going to put them under fire – they should ‘practice what they preach’ comes to mind. Now I realise there just a pile of crap and don’t even nearly live up to there own expectations. It’s kinda hard to hate something that is pathetic!

Lives are being ruined but not by JW’s directly. If they are brainwashed, as most are (if you’re not brainwashed then your are plain evil!) you can’t blame that individual, can you. I was there once and I certainly was not to blame but this hell bent organisation was. I don’t hate JW’s. Yes, sometimes I get pissed off with the ones that seem so blind, but they need help. It can be a sad world sometimes. They destroyed my family and many more and put me through enormous mental strain all my life, now I’m free. JW’s need help not hate! They're victims of abuse. Although, sometimes it is very hard to see them that way. I think anyone with half a brain would question it in the end and break away. The WTS attract a certain sort of people. Then there are the rest that get dragged along in the mud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit