Pure Language

by Tashawaa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Question [from a blonde so go easy on me] if I send someone an email, can they see my IP address? Like, If I use my own email to get in, but also have used a known apostate email addy, will they see its the same computer?

• SYN
    SYN

Viv: No, not generally. AFAIK, POP3 servers don't send your IP addy, but don't quote me on that.

You can however be 100% sure that no-one gets your IP if you use a service like Hotmail or Yahoo (my preference, obviously) to email people. That's what I do!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Thanx SYN

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Maybe the masters at PL were scared off by my email addy - sinner2bad@........

cheeses - not always discreet.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LMAO @ Cheeses

• Mary
    Mary

".....Please note that Pure Language Network is a private community for Jehovah's Witnesses. Only registered members can read and post to the forums. We take special precautions to ensure that only Jehovah's Witnesses become registered members......"

TRANSLATION: Please not that Pure Language Bullshit Network is another example of paranoia for Jehovah's Witnesses. Only braindead washed members can read and post the same old crap. We are terrified of "apostates" exposing us, so we take more precautions than the CIA to ensure that only members of the Borg become registered members.

If you'd like to join us, we invite you to register to become a member!

TRANSLATION: If you'd like to join us, we invite you to have a lobotomy to become a member!

".....If you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses but would be interested in learning more about Jehovah God and his purposes, please visit the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses at www.watchtower.org "

TRANSLATION: If you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses and have no knowledge of our false prophecies, pedophile paradise or anything else that shows our true colours, please visit the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses at www.theborg.com

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This is unusual. Usually they're all gung-ho about "Giving A Witness".

Speaking of which, about a week ago I stopped into a McDonalds for some chow. There was a guy sitting at a table all by himself. He pulled out a folder, pulled out a Watchtower, and was flipping it around, pretending to look at it. I felt like going up to him and saying "It's not working".

• lost_and_searching
    lost_and_searching

Actually, I don't think this is true:

Viv: No, not generally. AFAIK, POP3 servers don't send your IP addy, but don't quote me on that.

You can however be 100% sure that no-one gets your IP if you use a service like Hotmail or Yahoo (my preference, obviously) to email people. That's what I do!

About 2 years ago, a "friend" of my daughter's figured out her hotmail pasword and used it to get into her e-mail account and send a nasty letter to all of my daughter''s friends in her address book (pretending she was my daughter). I was able to see the IP address from where she sent the e-mail and compare it to all of her other friend's IP addresses and figured out which friend had used her e-mail account. All you have to do (in hotmail) is to go to Options, Mail Display Settings, and click that you want Advanced Message Header Displays. Then you have all info of where any received e-mail came from....including the IP address of the sender. Hope this helps! ~Bobbi

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I used to go over there and read what those poor people were writing. Such a shame. Actually I would get really upset and then breathe a sigh of relief that I was no longer part of that malarkey.

• greatXP
    greatXP

It wont make a difference to me. I can still access the forums. I have an account there so are my friends.
    But I agree, PLN is pathetic. Just like the people in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit