2022 convention stand-outs, clift notes, comments?? the good, the bad, the ugly...

by enoughisenough 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Here is the thing: I tried several times to watch the convention...I just couldn't seem to forge ahead with it. The reason I wanted to was to be able to engage in conversation about it with some of my old friends that communicate by phone that don't know I have disassociated. I want to be able to slip in seeds of doubt, but at the same time I have to seem a bit current...) So I welcome to know any take outs, commentary, good or bad, or the video plots, etc. Message me if you prefer. editing in a thought here...if you remember what part of the convention your take out is from, mention it...as I may be able to force myself to watch some of the context.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The stand out everyone is talking about is when the sister slammed the door and said “you bitch”

but the main one was Steve Lett saying all babies are enemies of God and don’t say you little angel

a faithful old brother himself said to everyone in my ministry group that was a silly thing to say, I was shocked that he was critical about the GB but I strongly agreed with him as he said it first🤣

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I had seen a couple of youtube videos where he was calling babies enemies of God and my thought was about Jesus saying to allow the little children to come to him...Jesus never considered them enemies. If I had been a parent there with a baby, I would have been crushed. So what does that mean for the parents? Are they to be able to punish the children more or get them baptized earlier so as to "save" them? What thoughts and feelings when viewing that?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They actually said the word bitch??!!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    nowwhat?22 minutes ago

They actually said the word bitch??!!

-

No but it’s pretty obvious that is what she said and the door slamming covered it up

• FondaCox
    FondaCox

@enoughisenough:

I had seen a couple of youtube videos where he was calling babies enemies of God and my thought was about Jesus saying to allow the little children to come to him...Jesus never considered them enemies. If I had been a parent there with a baby, I would have been crushed. So what does that mean for the parents? Are they to be able to punish the children more or get them baptized earlier so as to "save" them? What thoughts and feelings when viewing that?

I saw that clip. In my opinion it was just Stephen Lett making a point that we are all born sinners, even babies. He just did it in that cringe worthy Stephen Lett way.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why is everyone picking on Lett over that? Learn to understand context.

What I like was the Saturday last talk. Splane says to not judge another. Talks about blood fractions and at what point does blood not become blood? It's the most anti-pharisaical they've shown. Now if only the elders get the point.

The Sunday morning symposium where they were so Covid afraid was ridiculous. Covid is done. why show things like that?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

The Sunday morning symposium where they were so Covid afraid was ridiculous. Covid is done. why show things like that?

I watched that clip...I saw the emotional blackmail... what I also saw and heard was follow Jehovah's direction --they put that out there like the masking came from Jehovah when it was secular organizations and some even overstepping their boundaries...

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There are a ton of boring low budget videos with bad acting all 3 days. Then, to add insult...after each video the speaker proceeds to summarize what you just watched as though you couldn't figure it out on your own.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The above is a screenshot from the New World video on Friday. Do my eyes deceive me or are they barbecuing steaks? All my life I have understood that New World eating would be strictly vegetarian….. For me that is a first! I told my wife that I would NOT volunteer to work in the

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit