Hey Blondie!!

Don't forget EVIDENTLY and APPARENTLY.

LRG

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

" will there be more earthquakes? "

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There "might" or "could" be more earthquakes, likely.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Don't forget EVIDENTLY and APPARENTLY.''

Nah. The Borg would never, ever, ever use those words, now would they. ROFL.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And people plan their lives around this stuff. On such ''qualifying'' words.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Weasel words are words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated. Examples include the phrases "some people say", "it is thought", and "researchers believe". Using weasel words may allow one to later deny any specific meaning if the statement is challenged, because the statement was never specific in the first place. It is also called the method of using "Anonymous Authority"

Another one they often used, not exactly fitting the definition above, but with the same intention was "Honest-hearted people.........", I suppose that is more under the heading of "Loaded language", but it is underhanded, and all part of using "Mind Control".

If they had the "Truth" they would not have to use such underhanded methods.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Mark Martin youtube channel had a video on this a few weeks ago.

It"s called "loaded - language" too.

Things like "bible based" publications. And '"honest - hearted" ones.

He related that these terms actually meant WT publications and the latter one is a gaslighting term to those who feel the need to have the WT influence their lives or otherwise vulnerable to WT teachings at the time.

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

There was a radio program about how publishing companies tweak newspaper book reviews to place Quotes on the back of their paperback books.

Examples given were "if you are looking for a really exciting mystery story, don't bother buying this book!" and "I was looking for an author like Agatha Christie but unfortunately this isn't close to her!"

So the publisher lifts the relevant part of the sentence and puts it on the back cover of the paperback in emphasis - the New York Times wrote "... an author like Agatha Christie..." The Times of London said that this is "... a really exciting mystery story..."

Well they did say those words but not in the implied way because the words have been lifted out of context.

As I was listening to this radio program I thought to myself it is exactly what the WT does with a lot of their quotations, quoting the source at times, but not showing the full quotation in the context from which it was lifted!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That's because the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), are weasels themselves.

How happifying!

This is one reason I never say 'in the truth(tm)'. Instead I say 'in the Corporation(tm)'.

I might even say 'trademark' too!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When you hear the Borg say "scientists'' say or ''researchers'' say,, I'd like to know what scientist they are quoting or what researcher they are quoting from.

Because they can't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit