Religulous Woke Me Up

by thedepressedsoul 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Most offensive I found was his treatment of mythicism. I think there's a reasonable case to be made for mythicism. Maher completely garbled it. Really annoying.

I agree, but you have to keep in mind that as a JW, I never even heard of the idea that there were other god's/stories that were before the bible and yet were the same stroy. That alone made me turn to Google.

• talesin
    talesin

Actually, it is technically a "Mockumentary" and not a documentary. Which is typical of BM.

t

• JRK
    JRK

Bill's live show is excellent. I recommend seeing him if he comes to your town! He played a theater in my home town, and it was a great night.

JK

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Not a great documentary, perhaps not even a documentary, but it certainly deals with religion the way it should be dealt with, mockery.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Mockumentary it is , as talesin describes it , which still makes some good observations ,

smiddy

• Sorush
    Sorush
    When i first found this forum i thought this was a JW forum full of believers, but it turns out you people are pretty cool!
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Bill makes many valid points in this mockumentary! Most notable to me was his way of leading us to the logical conclusion that "faith" requires no proof, no logic, no reason, and no common sense. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't include an interview with some active jw's and have them 'spane' some of the stupid jw doctrines but, it sort of illustrates how insignificant jw's really are in the big picture.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome, Sorush. : )

We have a mixture of folk here; some are exJW, some are still JW and searching for answers, some have never been JW. Enjoy!

tal

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Religulous helped me realize that I, personally, would find a secular life preferable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit