Penpals

by Jer8226 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Jer8226
    Jer8226

Hi! My ex-husband is in prison for ..well a while longer and has recently became very interested in the study of Jehovah. (Forgive me if I say anything incorrect- I am not religious in any way but do respect all choices!) He is looking for some penpals to help make the time go by faster and to really learn more about the religion so he can make a difference in his community once he gets out. I am raising our two children by myself (he was my ex before he went to prison) and I write him here and there but I cannot help him on the topic of religion. If anyone is interested he would greatly appreciate it. Men or women. He is not looking for love just friendship and getting into the depths of being a Jehovah Witness. If anyone is interested please reach out and I can provide you with his info. Thanks! Have a great day

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome to the discussion board. I want to warn you, however, that most (or all?) of the posters on this board are former Jehovah's witnesses. We have found the religion is not "the truth," as it claims to be. JW.Org might have links to some sites with current Jehovah's witness, but I'm not sure.

If you need someone to try to dissuade him from interest in this religion, some here might be willing, but I can't speak for them. Just for starters, however, you should know that the Jehovah's witnesses predicted the end of the world for 1914,1919, 1925, and 1975. But, guess what! The world didn't end.

Have a great day yourself!

• carla
    carla

They also have a history of protecting pedophiles.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Tell him not to join, unless he is in prison for molesting children. In which case he will be welcomed with open arms in the JW faith. (Tongue in cheek). Really, tell him to run far away from this cult.

• Jer8226
    Jer8226

Well all makes sense now! That would be why he's in prison! I didn't freaking get it hahah! I tried to make my post all nice but in my head I'm like omg he's insane. Thank you all for your input. I was literally court ordered to write him one letter a week about our children (he did not do anything to them!!..I would have killed him) and all he writes back is about Jehovah..nothing about MY kids. I dont get it. Like I stated before I have no experience with religion and honestly don't intend to get involved. Now I can tell him I tried and no one wants to speak with him haha thanks again!

• carla
    carla

If he is already only speaking about jehovah then someone has already gotten to him in prison and he is probably on his way to becoming one. Keep your kids far away from kingdom halls (that is what jw's call their 'churches') and anything to do with jw's.

see https://jwfacts.com/ for more information on this insidious cult.

I wish you and your children all the best going forward in what must be a hellish situation.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Tell him that he is more free where he is at now, than he will be as a JW on the outside.

• LV101
    LV101

Sea B --- 😂 it's true!!

• Jer8226
    Jer8226

Thank you. I appreciate all your kind words and help! Really means a lot to have support in this situation. I will keep my kids far away! This has been nothing but helpful thank you so so so much

• Marbles
    Marbles

It's my opinion that religion (of all denominations, not just JWs) attracts so many sex offenders because for starters, the Garden of Eden is a sexual fantasy. The Bible is a fantasy of an ideal, utopian world, the same as Democracy, the idea of justice and fairness for all regardless of race or gender is an ideal for a utopia, except some level of Democracy can actually be achieved in the present. If I were you, I would just plainly tell him that you have been advised against this religion and you're sorry but you will not be contributing to this cause for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit