making memorial bread parties

by wannaexit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I though I'd heard and seen it all. I guess I was mistaken. I saw from various social media the the witnesses are holding parties to make memorial bread. What will they think of next??

• Graditude
    Graditude
    It gives them an opportunity to have fun and celebrate since everything else is forbidden. I was a JW from birth 1960-1984 and must say that the memorial is some of the most treasured and few special events that I do continue to reflect on with joy....the Blessings of the Lessons learned as a former JW
  • zeb
    zeb
    "since everything else is forbidden" sadly too true.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    How about pine tree parties around December?
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Back in my day, the little kids were allowed to eat the "unleavened bread" after the memorial. It tasted nasty, but we didn't care. We thought it was cool to pretend we were anointed. Then, the "mothership" had to be a buzzkill and forbid it.

I have never heard of having an "unleavened bread" party. Sounds like a blast.

• rebel8
    rebel8

oh my god

Let me imagine how "fun" these (gag) "get-togethers" are.

A bunch of jw women together. First up is a prayer. One puts a napkin on her head and prays they mix the flour just right to ensure jehoho is happy with a carbohydrate representation of his son's corpse.

Then they mix it in a bowl and cook it while listening to Kingdumb Smelodies and gossiping about who is going to wear what dress for the annual reenactment of Jesus' murder and funeral.

Sounds like a blast.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I grew up witness and now think it's so sad that at the big witness event of the year, the most exciting part was passing a plate and goblet for a couple seconds and figuring out who those guys with beards that you weren't allowed to talk to who only showed up at the memorial were.

It is really all so pathetic.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Small things amuse small minds , parties to make memorial bread ? Geeeez

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I wanna go to the memorial wine party. That sounds a blast.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

joe134cd

Well that`s one that I wouldn`t / couldn`t refuse to go to , the wine would nullify my being in the company of die-hard J.W.`s

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit