August 2018 Study Watchtower - Some wise words for JW's to consider!

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Do You Have the Facts?

Page 3 - AS TRUE Christians, we need to develop the ability to evaluate information and reach accurate conclusions.

Page 4 - It is especially important to avoid (view) websites promoted by apostates. (awakened JW's) Their whole purpose is to tear down (inform) God’s people and to distort (reveal) the truth.

Page 5 - Do not be naive, or gullible. Be sure you have the facts.

Page 6 - Yes, leaning too heavily on our own understanding (instead of the org's) can become a snare. Our emotions and personal ideas could begin to govern our thinking. (heaven forbid!!) We may begin to feel that we can look at a situation and understand it even though we do not have all the facts. (the org's version!)

Generous Givers Are Happy People

Page 22 - Of course, selfless giving, kindness, and generosity can be shown in many ways and in many areas of your Christian life and ministry, with rewarding results. The following article will explore some of these ways and areas.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Page 6 - Ooohh yes, why would you want to be governed by your own personal emotions and thoughts? Obviously it's far better to be governed by someone elses emotions and thoughts - someone or rather 8 someones you have never met! Wow you can't get more brainwashy than that.

The people who write this crap should be ashamed of themselves.

• Listener
    Listener

Page 6 Our emotions...could begin to govern our thinking.

This is why their broadcasting is their new powerful tool. Not one monthly broadcast passes by without tears shown and emotion used to manipulate.

As for getting the facts, it's almost impossible to get all the facts from this organization when they choose to hide so much.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Be sure you have the facts.

It is literally impossible to be sure you have the facts—especially ALL the facts—if you only have a single source of information!

It is important to learn to be open to, and sometimes even actively seek out, additional sources of information if we hope to even have a chance at knowing the facts.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Ok I'm getting angry again. The lack of logic, the platitudes, the circular reasoning, the slander, it all makes me want to scream right in the middle of my congregation "Don't you get it???!" but they just keep sleeping.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh the HYPOCRISY!

How brazen of the GB !

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 I know, Stuck. I know. I read that paragraph like:

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's very strange to read. The things they're accusing "the apostates" of are the very things they're doing.

They advise the reader to look for reliable information, then tell them not to waste their time! How can someone know if information is factual or not without even looking at it in the first place???

To make good decisions, we need solid facts. Therefore, we need to be highly selective and to choose carefully what information we will read. (Read Philippians 4:8, 9.) We should not waste our time viewing questionable Internet news sites or reading unsubstantiated reports circulated via e-mail. It is especially important to avoid websites promoted by apostates.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-august-2018/do-you-have-facts/

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Those aprostates are turrible. They are getting bigger and pretty soon you just cain't keep ignorin' um.

• Listener
    Listener
    JP1692 It is literally impossible to be sure you have the facts—especially ALL the facts—if you only have a single source of information.

That single source of information is also constantly changing. It can't be factual to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit